Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Elbow tendonitis (posted for paula)

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
Last night we were having a shoutbox discussion about tennis elbow in the shoutbox. I had written a post about understanding the underlying etiology of tennis elbow, but I looked high and low for it and cannot find it...so Im re-writing the post the best I can remember.
I have had elbow problems for most of the years that I have been lifting. Like most people early on I always blamed pressing movements and tricep movements for being the culprit.
Well I was wrong.

With tennis elbow (lateral epicondylitis) you are actually looking at the forearm as your problem. Most people dont realize this and go about trying to apply all sorts of chemical assistance to the issue, you see threads all the time addressing elbow pain, and its always a myriad of responses, from IGF,GH, deca, eq, tren, a top and adequan.
Well healing the joint is putting the cart before the horse if you haven't addressed and taken care of the underlying issue.
With elbow pain 90% of the time you are dealing with an imbalance in the 2 major muscle groups of the forearm.
The flexors, which close the hand and the extensors which open the hand.

In daily life we perform everyday taks 100's of times a day which require closing the hand. Think about how many times a day you open your hand against some sort of resistance?
Almost never.
Lifting weights only compounds the issue. You could go to the gym and train legs but your still going to grip and pick up weights, therefore working your flexors almost to an excess.
Still, most never train there extensors, and if they do, the muscle group still receives proportionately less stimulation.
So, during presses you grip the bar and start pushing, as the set progresses and become difficult you actually may not realize it but you grip the bar harder, while pushing the weight and putting stress on the elbow joint itself.
All this stress and wear and tear creates the problem.
So how do you fix it?
You have to strengthen the extensors, reverse wrist curls with a thumbless grip is a good start.
But what you can do everyday thats easy, is get a decently thick rubberband (you may need 2 or more) wrap it around your second set of knuckles around all five fingers.
Open your hand against the resistance of the rubber band and do it while watching TV, trust me you will be surprised to find the biggest and strongest of us will start to tire after 15-20 reps.
Correcting the imbalance is key, what good is getting the inflammation down if the cause is only going to cause the problem again and again chronically.
Once the imbalance is corrected you will be surprised how well your elbows will begin to feel and how much less often that problems with them occur.
Shows how bad the imbalance is.
To stretch the extensors, extend the arm straight out in front of you like a front raise, with the other hand bend the wrist down and you should feel the tension stretch in the extensors of the top of the forearm.
Hold it for 45 seconds to one minute then repeat.

Now ICE will be of great importance as well.
For inflammation of any joint I like to ice it for about 5-10 minutes, jump in the shower, turn the water up scalding hot and let the affected area get heat for a few minutes, then after showering applying ice one more last time.

Supplements.
Glucosamine
Chondroiten
MSM
Cissus
Vit C
Boswellia
Turmeric
Bromelain

Drugs.

NPP
Deca
Tren
EQ
(all 19-nors)
GH
IGF
Adequan
Aflutop
Hyluronic Acid

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
I bought a pair of rehband knee braces and wear the as elbow sleeves. Not much in the way of support, but keeps the joint warm and gives light compression. Gonna have to try that rubber band trick tho.

B

BIGBX1

Sep 13, 2010
I have more joint pain with age,I use a few supps to help with the pain seems that the Glucosamine helps. I had more pain prior to using this supp.

Sadie

Sadie

TID Lady Member
Oct 2, 2010
APT Pro Gear - Single Ply Elbow Convict Sleeves

buys these. omg they are awesome and really relieve the pain at the gym. ot very restrictive but enough to give great support. I gave one of them to a friend that had a torn tricep tendon and it totally got her through til she had surgery

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic