Members
Latest Member
Ethan7400
What's New?

Elbow Tendonitis-Home Remedies-Ideas?

H

hunkstrum

Sep 15, 2012
rest for sure. Methlprednisolone always knocks out tendonitis for me.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Stretch your wrists BIG TIME. I would bet you're getting this from Squatting. Yup, I said it.... squatting. When you pull the bar into your traps this is a common thing that happens. You'll also want to not squat before pressing. And like what you already know I'm sure, ice and compression.

Like_a_Weed

Like_a_Weed

MuscleHead
Jan 25, 2011
Agreed on stretching. I have the same problem that comes and goes, massage, stretching, and for me strengthening weaker muscles, like the ones that you use in a reverse wrist curl or extend the fingers as opposed to the dominant ones that close the hand and flex the biceps. I have to lay off pulling exercises that use alot of biceps, forearms. Use my straps more. I have a nerf foam ball that I use to massage the hell out of my elbow, biceps, everything around that elbow and really beat up any tough spots where there's adhesions in the muscle fiber.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Love ice massage for this. Dixie cups make nice blocks of ice to use

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I currently have an elbow thing going on. Very painful, worse than when I had tennis elbow. Tonight I tried something new. Biofreeze sprayed onto the elbow, forearm, and lower bi and tri. Then used a massager with an infrared heat element. It drove that biofreeze deep. Loosened it up in five minutes. No pain sorta lol. I'm liking that!

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
I thought i had elbow tendinitis went to doc and it ended up being a lower tricep injury. Good luck take a week off of chest see if that helps.

Y

Youngerik1

Aug 20, 2012
I have had elbow tendinitis for the past 4 years on and off. It would flare up 2-3 times a year and I'd have to take of 2 or 3 weeks at the gym because of it. 4 months ago I went and saw a naturopathic dr right when it flared up . I did some therapy called prolo therapy. I only had one injection done and after a week all the pain was gone. Usually it takes 2-3 weeks and it was gone in one. Plus I could at any time in the last 4 years push on my upper forearm/elbow tendons and it would be sensitive even if it wasn't flared up. My doc said I should be close to 100 percent after 1 or 2 injections and it only took one!! I would highly recommend you go do this and be amazed. It's not a band aid/temporary fix like a Cortizone shot is.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prolotherapy

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic