Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Elbow Tendonitis-Home Remedies-Ideas?

georgia21

georgia21

Aug 30, 2010
OK guys,
I'm dealing with tendonitis on the inside of my elbow.

Symptoms-- Hurts to curl arm all the way up,(but just at the top) and extend it all the way out.

I have seen a doctor, unfortunately it was a military doctor, and had a cortizone shot in it. Although, I think he missed the tendon he was aiming for...

I am doing deep thumb masages into it, taking SuperCizzusRX,(just started taking it this week), along with Motrin, and wearing an arm strap.

What I need is some ideas from some of the guys on here that have dealt with this problem, and have beaten it.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
A lot of times it's just ice and rest that will help. You have to "allow" it to heal.

E

ebrown372

Jan 21, 2012
As much as all of us hate staying out of the gym while waiting for an injury to heal, it is the best thing you can do. I play softball in the summer and get this from throwing a lot from the outfield. I've tried ice, heat, and wraps, but in the end I always have to lay off lifting for a week or so to get it healed.

Georgia

Georgia

Mar 31, 2012
Time off to let the body heal is the only way. Stressing it further can potentially damage it further. Take time off to let your body heal the injury then get back at it.

trentracks

trentracks

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 23, 2011
i'd hit it with a 21 day round of Alflutop

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
stop jacking off!

Georgia

Georgia

Mar 31, 2012
At least use your other hand!

BuildBigger

BuildBigger

Aug 27, 2012
Wrist curls with a light weight or resistance band, appying ice on and around the point of pain and rest are the main things you can do at home.
This is one of them hitty-missy areas which some doctors will tell you to rest whereas others just say it will 'burn out' over time

S

Suedehead

Jul 28, 2012
I struggled with this for years, I had all the cortisone jabs, tried various supplements but the only thing that worked was rest.

Braw16

Braw16

MuscleHead
Aug 8, 2012
I pitched for a good part of my life and the guys are right. I like to use moist heat that works well for me. I get a bucket of hot water as hot as you can stand it and I also use Epsom salt you get this at any pharmacy. Take ibuprofen 800 mg 3 times a day and rest. Do this for at least 4-6 days and then take it easy on that arm and you should see a good deal of improvement. I also believe in glucosamine but it does take a while to get in your system and work. When I did research on glucosamine it said liquid is absorbed by the body much better. I hope this helps some because a bad elbow just sucks. Make sure when you sleep you don't put your arms above your head or sleep on it you want to try to keep it down and straight as much as you can.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic