Members
Latest Member
pbtom

Elbow Sleeves; what's good?

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
Been a huge fan of Inzer XT knee sleeves for years but I don't like them for my elbows. Too bulky.

Getting old and wanting some elbow protection/support.

What are you using and/or what do you recommend?

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I use some elitefts elbow sleeves, but if SBd elbows are as good as their knees I would go with those

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
SBD are fan'fvkcing'tastic. Tight, good compression, solid support, and not to short. They're not cheap but I've been very happy with mine.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
Money is not a concern. I'll look into the SBDs. Thanks guys.

rAJJIN

rAJJIN

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 30, 2011
The ones I have are ST
From Mark Bells website howmuchyabench
They almost feel like cheating. I use them just on the heaviest reps for bench

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
My gym sells SBD gear so I picked a pair up a couple years ago. No complaints here

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
I bought a pair of Mark Bell's ST sleeves and also the SBD sleeves. Should arrive next week.

Thanks everyone.

Oh; and yes they were both expensive as fuck.

Determined

Determined

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2012
Elite fts is what I’m using as well

L

LOX2015

Jun 11, 2018
Elite fts is what I’m using as well

I am curious to hear your comments with the Mark bells sleeves. I have been using the TuffWraps elbow sleeves. Looking forward to your reply.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
I got both pairs last week and used them both. Both were size XXL and the SBDs fit very loose while the STs were very tight.

The SBDs are also a straight fit so don't fit snug around the elbow while the STs are curved and therefore fit better.

I much prefer the STs but they are of similar quality I think the sizing is the issue. If I had gone a size down on the SBDs they would be more snug and maybe not much of a difference. I probably won't use the SBDs just because they're not so snug.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I got both pairs last week and used them both. Both were size XXL and the SBDs fit very loose while the STs were very tight.

The SBDs are also a straight fit so don't fit snug around the elbow while the STs are curved and therefore fit better.

I much prefer the STs but they are of similar quality I think the sizing is the issue. If I had gone a size down on the SBDs they would be more snug and maybe not much of a difference. I probably won't use the SBDs just because they're not so snug.

Those XXL SBD's must be enormous. I wear mediums, which fit very tight, so I couldn't imagine trying to wear XXL. Even the EliteFTS knee sleeves I wear are XL's which again are tight.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
Those XXL SBD's must be enormous. I wear mediums, which fit very tight, so I couldn't imagine trying to wear XXL. Even the EliteFTS knee sleeves I wear are XL's which again are tight.

Yeah; they are huge. Could almost wear them as knee sleeves. Not really but Mrs Flex might be able to. Funny the ST sleeves in XXL I can barely get them on. Had to use some baby powder and fold them in half, yank on them fiercely, then roll them out.

According to the sizing charts they should have fit...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic