Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Elbow pain

Pooh6369

Pooh6369

Oct 13, 2019
For about a couple of weeks, been having a pain on my elbow. Not like tennis elbow muscles around elbow and forearm dosent hurt. It's the actual bone itself. Tried a tennis elbow band, and a elbow sleeve. Doesn't do anything at night throbbing interrupts my sleep. Got a Dr appt in lil over a week. The only thing I read it might be arthritis. Man getting older sucks I've had more nagging injuries the past 2 year and I've severely lighten my work load and do higher reps.
Guess it's all catching up, anybody have dealt with this issue???

Determined

Determined

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2012
How old are you? Update us on what doc says.

Pooh6369

Pooh6369

Oct 13, 2019
53 I've posted stats before in a nutshell.

Div1 football
Competed early 2000's
Did some powerlifting.

Lifted since high school, still going

My workload is really light now. Maintaining size, on TRT now with low dose Deca for joints.

R

Realize

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2010
I have the exact same issues, started with my elbow and now it's also my shoulder. I've been taking aleve to sleep but once it wears off I wake up in the middle of the night in a lot of pain.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
Is it on the top side of your elbow (forearm) or back side. Elbows are really suspect to bone spurs and etc. in the joint. I had to have mine scoped to remove debris. It would "click" and catch sometimes when I bent it. I also had to have them clean up my radial head due to some deterioration from all the years of pushing heavy weight. Some of it is age and some of it I think had to due with not training smart.

Pooh6369

Pooh6369

Oct 13, 2019
It's like the inner bone of the elbow, of I flex my arm straight turn it like I'm gonna do a push up. A extremely sharp pain happens there like a warning stop what ever your about to do. Wouldn't be surprised if it was spurs had them in my shoulders.
As for right now limited pressing movements

Pooh6369

Pooh6369

Oct 13, 2019
Is it on the top side of your elbow (forearm) or back side. Elbows are really suspect to bone spurs and etc. in the joint. I had to have mine scoped to remove debris. It would "click" and catch sometimes when I bent it. I also had to have them clean up my radial head due to some deterioration from all the years of pushing heavy weight. Some of it is age and some of it I think had to due with not training smart.

Sounds like the same spot bone on inner side of elbow

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
Sounds like the same spot bone on inner side of elbow

I would see if you can get an x-ray or even an MRI. Tennis elbow is the the start of often times how its diagnosed with your primary care provider by maybe getting a DO look at it where its more their specialty, might not hurt. There may be more to the story. I waited way too long and it was two options-radial head replacement or try to clean it up and see. I opted for the later, and I will say while I'm able to do about anything I want, if I push any weight, it feels a little unstable. I often wear an elbow sleeve when I lift and wear an arm sleeve when playing baseball. But otherwise it was still better than radial head replacement where I would have been on a restriction. Best of luck to you. Hoping it's nothing serious.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic