Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

EGGS!!!

HardManifest

HardManifest

MuscleHead
Nov 21, 2022
you refrigerate your eggs from the store or from your own chicken coop?

Friggemall

Friggemall

VIP Member
Jun 16, 2020
no fresh eggs out of hens nest can be left on the counter. Once the eggs are washed my understanding is the the cuticle is gone that protects them from bacteria at the shell layer.

If the eggs are unwashed the refrigeration is not required.

So eggs from the grocery or costco have already been washed so we need to refrigerate them.
I sahould have known that since I'm a farmboy and my grandpa raised chickens. Thanks

silntrunin

silntrunin

MuscleHead
Aug 30, 2011
Costco was $7 for 24 so not bad. Worth it for me to drive there for milk, eggs, gas and a shicken
Gonna have to take a drive to Costco. $6 a dozen here.
I used to eat 6 eggs a day but had to cut back . Fucking crazy.

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
FB_IMG_1673996849376.jpg

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
no fresh eggs out of hens nest can be left on the counter. Once the eggs are washed my understanding is the the cuticle is gone that protects them from bacteria at the shell layer.

So eggs from the grocery or costco have already been washed so we need to refrigerate them.
This is correct, good job brother!

Here is also a video by Food Science babe discussing it:

~R~F~G~

~R~F~G~

VIP Member
Dec 13, 2022
From what I heard. A bird flu wiped out a large portion of the population. (I read that as Bill Gates had them poisoned to show us we need fake food)

They said it should recover in about 4 to 6 months.

I do believe I will get a few chickens this year. I’ve just started making butter and will be looking for other ways to not rely on the market.
Adding raised beds near the house to grow our veggies. I haven’t last 3 years as I’m back out on the road. But now I see we need to.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015

Exactly

Fresh eggs can be left out for a very long time and still be fine. When I still had around 20 laying hens, some of the eggs that were laid in October/November I was eating in March/April, as I couldn't keep up eating them Spring through Fall. Since they didn't lay in the winter I was able to catch up about the time the started laying again.

lifter6973

lifter6973

Jul 3, 2021
I just bought 18 a half week ago and they were around $4 at Walmart. I didn't see the price but a dozen were just under $3.

It may be coming around though. I'll know in a few days.
Its gone way up over the last 3 weeks. Yeah I can remember about 6 months ago you could get 18 at WallyWorld for like 1.50.
Now 18 is 11 dollars last I checked.

lifter6973

lifter6973

Jul 3, 2021
From what I heard. A bird flu wiped out a large portion of the population. (I read that as Bill Gates had them poisoned to show us we need fake food)

They said it should recover in about 4 to 6 months.

I do believe I will get a few chickens this year. I’ve just started making butter and will be looking for other ways to not rely on the market.
Adding raised beds near the house to grow our veggies. I haven’t last 3 years as I’m back out on the road. But now I see we need to.
I heard the same.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic