pbtom
What's New?

Edmond police officer is at the center of a federal illegal steroid sting

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
roids bust.png

EDMOND Okla. -- News 4 sources confirm a retired Edmond police officer is at the center of a federal illegal steroid sting.

Wednesday morning, the home of retired officer Chris Caplinger was raided as part of an illegal steroid sting.

Edmond Police assisted the US Drug Enforcement Agency in their search of Caplinger's home in the 800 block of Benton Road.

Caplinger has been in trouble with the law before.

In 2007, he pleaded guilty to felony police bribery for his role in accepting money to help drunk drivers avoid prosecution.

Caplinger's scheme also brought down well-known Oklahoma City defense attorneys Josh Welch, David Ogle and Sam Kerr.

Edmond Police confirmed they seized drugs, weapons and cash from inside Caplinger's home.

Officers also raided a second location in Oklahoma City as part of their investigation.

DEA investigators believe the properties are part of an illegal steroids operation.

Caplinger retired from the Edmond Police Department in 2004 after 20 years on the force.

Source: kfor.com/2017/11/29/disgraced-edmond-officers-home-raided-in-illegal-steroids-sting/

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Sounds like a real POS anyway..........a true Champion for the people:cool: I hate drunks and drunk drivers.
The steroids dont really bother me although they are spending a hell of a lot of money on catching these guys.

Reactions: CFM
CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
This guy's problems go way back. Who is going to blame Orange Face?

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
Carma, taking it's revenge, I'm sure there is a lot more than just the bribes, that they don't know about...

ValeTudo8080

ValeTudo8080

VIP Member
Aug 31, 2011
thats crazy..... i wonder who he was connected with in OK

D

diesel707

Dec 3, 2017
Ya it's VVL, strange that he was in edmond OK as well cause he had an identical list to strang who also had his in edmond...

T

Torres

MuscleHead
Sep 16, 2013
Yup that's VVL from what people are saying !

mr_man

mr_man

VIP Member
Nov 22, 2015
So this story just hit the local news. The news states they have been watching and tracking him since 2014. They also show a partial list of people that he sold and collected money from. They have frozen the accounts of several people involved and that amount is $780,000. He had $280,000. buried in the backyard. So if you used this guy just know he was being watched since 2014.

Reactions: CFM
MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
So this story just hit the local news. The news states they have been watching and tracking him since 2014. They also show a partial list of people that he sold and collected money from. They have frozen the accounts of several people involved and that amount is $780,000. He had $280,000. buried in the backyard. So if you used this guy just know he was being watched since 2014.
Local news, as in Oklahoma news?

mr_man

mr_man

VIP Member
Nov 22, 2015
Local news, as in Oklahoma news?
Yes, it’s close to home and I’m just seeing it for the first time. I found it strange that the news showed a list of Co-conspirators and the dollar amounts that had been sent or received.

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
I don't know him directly but he's very close to home. I know more about the first case with the DD bribe and those very close to that. I know I've seen this guys face around town but not familiar with his lab.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic