Threads
Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh

Ed coan deadlift program

S

Sgfitness

Sep 5, 2013
So I have tried the smolov, and junior, GVT and a variety of other programs.
Has anyone tried ed coan deadlift program?
Your thoughts?
And any tips of great bench progs?

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
I don't have any experience with it, but I know someone that has ran the Coan-Phillipi deadlift cycle. Is that the same thing? It's something I'm looking at doing after I've done a few cycles or waves of the Cube. I was told to keep the assistance work to a minimum, so I took that to mean - stick with bodyweight stuff or none. Heh.

M

Mad_dawg

Dec 9, 2010
I've done the coan/phillipi workout several times. It took several times just to figure out my max. I ALWAYS underestimate it now when doing that routine. It's very intense and has you moving a lot of weight quickly. I had to tweak the assistance work for myself and ditch the stiff leg deads. I did some hyper extensions sometimes instead.

I know this post is a two months old, but if you haven't tried it I would definitely say go for it. I would say try it off season if you compete, to get a feel for it and try to get the weights figured out. You can even put in a max you know you can do anytime (a safe weight) and run the program and I'm sure you'll come out stronger by the time your done.

Peace, and good luck,
Mad_dawg

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic