Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Eagles Football

S

Snake

VIP Member
May 1, 2011
Hmmmmmm...I don't know about Big Blue winning the NFC east this year, Kid!
Though, I'd much rather see them then Dallas!!!

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
Hmmmmmm...I don't know about Big Blue winning the NFC east this year, Kid!
Though, I'd much rather see them then Dallas!!!
Yeah i hear ya.... Its already pissing me off 3 games into the season.

S

Snake

VIP Member
May 1, 2011
Wayyyyyy back in the day when Parcells was Giants head coach, the Eagles would get blown out of the hunt early on, so I'd root for The Giants, just to see an NFC East team go all the way.
We've had some classic games against you guys over the years!!

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
Yes they did. I always remember seeing LT run from his end position all the way across the field to crush Jaworski and later on Cunningham. Jaworski was an immobile target. At least Randell had some legs under him.

S

Snake

VIP Member
May 1, 2011
Do you remember the time LT played with one arm strapped against his side?
I think it was against New Orleans.
He still made like three huge plays.
Him and Reggie...best two defensive players ever, in my book!

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
Eagles had a defensive tackle back then named Jerome Brown who would have been a great. Believe he died in a car crash at 28 .... Dude was real good.

Yomo

Yomo

MuscleHead
Dec 18, 2015
Eagles had a defensive tackle back then named Jerome Brown who would have been a great. Believe he died in a car crash at 28 .... Dude was real good.

dude was a 2 time All Pro heading into what would have been his 6th year...that D was legit...worst part about the crash, other than his own death, was his nephew who also died in the accident...damn shame.

S

Snake

VIP Member
May 1, 2011
Yeah, that defense was loaded! Seth Joyner was Hall of Fame talented, Eric Allen at corner prob is in the Hall now..
too bad Buddy Ryan never addressed his O Line..just counted on Randall's magic and demanded that his defense score points!
I'm glad some guys are old enough to remember that Gang Green Defense.
I guess the Steel Curtain, '85 Bears, '86 Giants ( am I right, Kid?) and Gang Green.. best I've ever enjoyed watching..

Yomo

Yomo

MuscleHead
Dec 18, 2015
Yeah, that defense was loaded! Seth Joyner was Hall of Fame talented, Eric Allen at corner prob is in the Hall now..
too bad Buddy Ryan never addressed his O Line..just counted on Randall's magic and demanded that his defense score points!
I'm glad some guys are old enough to remember that Gang Green Defense.
I guess the Steel Curtain, '85 Bears, '86 Giants ( am I right, Kid?) and Gang Green.. best I've ever enjoyed watching..

I'm not old enough to remember watching that 91 squad in all of it's glory...but I've done enough homework, and watched enough video to at least gain a small glimpse of how great they actually were...my personal experience came from watching what I believe is one of the most underrated units of all time...Jim Johnson's 00-04 group...as well as a similar negative in the fact that Reid, like Ryan, never gave McNabb enough to work with.

S

Snake

VIP Member
May 1, 2011
Yeah, great observations:
JIM Johnson's D , built around B Dawk was a great one!
And yeah, McNabb never had much in the way of wideouts until T.O. Got there, then he went to the Big Game.
Too bad T.O.'s head exploded again, like it did everywhere he went.

Yomo

Yomo

MuscleHead
Dec 18, 2015
Yeah, great observations:
JIM Johnson's D , built around B Dawk was a great one!
And yeah, McNabb never had much in the way of wideouts until T.O. Got there, then he went to the Big Game.
Too bad T.O.'s head exploded again, like it did everywhere he went.

yeaman...that year with T.O. was something special. I think T.O. registered something like 2,000+ yards and 20+ TDs in just over 20 games before the epic meltdown, and ab routine in his driveway. Damn shame...

but to put the JJ's Defenses into perspective....that 91 squad allowed 15.25 a game (15.3 ppg in 92 as well)...

but from 2000-2004, that Eagles D on avg, only allowed 15.5 points per game in a 5 year span.

the difference would be how dominant that 91 Defense was in all areas of the field...almost as if they had no weakness.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2009/3/10/775679/a-statistical-analysis-on
^^^One of the better articles I've found comparing the best Defenses of All Time...that 91 Squad comes out on top.

S

Snake

VIP Member
May 1, 2011
Good work by you!
I'm thinking Fletcher Cox might be in Jerome Brown's league...
This D is taking shape, despite losing its MLB..

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic