What's New?

Dusty Hanshaw

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
These were Dante's updates yesterday, 5/27/21, at ProM:

"He is not ok Mike.....he is still unconscious. He opened his eyes last night finally but he is in for a long road. He has health insurance but I am hearing that its 20400 dollars per day that he is being charged with all that is going on."

" He had a tracheotomy today with no complications, they dont like how long he has been under so the decision was made.....ill update as we go along."

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
They are slowly weaning him off the vent, as he is breathing some on his own now while still under sedation.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
I hope it works out for him!!!!....I don't know who he is (have heard the name before) but he sounds like a stellar person!....Hoping the best for him and his family!!!!!

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Dante posted this today:

"He has another slight infection but they have it under control at this point. Breathing on his own for the most part. Temperature is good, fever is not there. They are backing off sedation every day and I expect him to be awake on Friday (unless i hear anything different)."

Determined

Determined

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2012
Crazy situation m, really hope he bounces outta of it quick

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
Fouad Abiad filled in for Dusty on some podcast and the guy said he shows signs, like nurses lifting him and he says "one, two, three, lift!", which must be one of his things. I can't remember if he's "talking" but they switch out the trac tube between day and night. The day one allows some communication I guess. Someone else probably has better news, I'm just trying to recall from the podcast.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
"One, two, three, Lift" is a classic thing a quickly assembled team of Nurses might say as they coordinate their efforts to move a patient no one or two of them could do. That Dusty is mimicking them IS a good sign. If he is even affectionately mocking them is possible, and an even better sign.

sityslicker1

sityslicker1

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 6, 2010
I heard he wasn't well but didn't know the details until now. Very sad!

Edit looks like someone said he's going home. That's fantastic!!

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
It's good to hear he is recovering!!!!....I'm sure with ALL the support from family and friends that he is receiving, helps a great deal!!!....

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic