Rolanalon
What's New?

Dumbest Draft Move - NFL 2019

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
While I would like to pick on the NY Giants, I think the dumbest move so far was the #1 Pick with the Cardinals. Why would you take Murray before you dealt Rosen? They just watered down their own freaking trade, dummies!

M

metsfan4life

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2014
Its b/c he's all the hype. But I completely agree with you, could have done much better. Dont get me wrong, Murray is a hell of a player but probably could have benefited much differently.

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
While I would like to pick on the NY Giants, I think the dumbest move so far was the #1 Pick with the Cardinals. Why would you take Murray before you dealt Rosen? They just watered down their own freaking trade, dummies!

The Cardinals are always picking in the top 10 for a reason...

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
As a lifetime Cleveland Browns fan, I don't feel I have standing to criticize anyone's draft selections... ever! (while I'm happy with the Brown's moves over the past 15 months, the 20 years before that have been truly horrific, LOL)

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Tommy wants to give Johnny Football another chance.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Tommy wants to give Johnny Football another chance.

I don't follow college football too closely, so when the Browns drafted Mayfield after the Manziel fiasco, I was not too happy. My brother, however, assured me that Baker Mayfield was the real deal, and that the new Browns GM knew his crap. After watching him play last year, it's hard to argue with him. Mayfield had very good throwing accuracy, and made good judgements on the field. Not a lot of stupid mistakes. And it was impressive to see how natural his leadership was, for such a young kid.

With another receiver, another strong running back, and some improvement on the OL, I'm interested to see what they do this next year.

Another thing about Mayfield, no one has heard a single story about him in the offseason. Maybe he's not hanging out in Cleveland, I have no idea, but he's keeping his nose clean, which is the exact opposite of Manziel. That kid was a train wreck... on and off the field.

ITAWOLF

ITAWOLF

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2010
I think Baker is a good QB ---but I will not be surprised if he burns out

he has been in trouble with the law ----and is a hot head but I believe his Gun Slinger style will get him checked hes not Farve

we will see.....…..still rather have Bernie lol

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
As a football fan, the Browns will be fun to watch this year. I think Mayfield is the real deal. He has that chip on his shoulder to succeed. Johnny football was and is a punk.

ITAWOLF

ITAWOLF

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2010
we will see but I bet there is another #199 pick (2000 draft) going to shine

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
we will see but I bet there is another #199 pick (2000 draft) going to shine

I think the Brady pick was a once in a generation type of pick. Not even the Pats saw that coming. Possible solid successor to Bledsoe - yes. Greatest QB of all time - the oracle at Delphi couln't have predicted that.

It does go to show you the value of coaching though. So many good QB's get drafted early and fizzle out because they go to shitty organizations with shitty coaching and never even get a chance to develop in the NFL.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
As dumb as that seemed, they probably had no legitimate offers. Look at what Antonio Brown got - a 3 and a 5. The Giants pick was a real head scratcher since Jones would likely have been there at 17.

I like the Steelers aggressive trade up from 20 to 10 to take Bush.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic