Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Dumbbell Invades Quad Comfort

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Was doing overhead dumbbell presses the other day...
Carelessly let the the weights drop to my quads with too little resistance and my left leg felt it.
Didn't drop the weights, just let them come down a bit too hard. Nothing to extreme either, just 60lbs bells...

I've felt tightness in the center of my quad these last two weeks, almost like I worked it out and it's sore.
No crazy feeling on leg day following, nothing uncomfortable, but when I stretch my quads I certainly feel as if there's a huge knot there. No bruising, swelling or throbbing... Just tightness.
Foam rolled em a couple times since the "incident" and it's definitely tender as hell...
Also, just started foam rolling a few weeks ago - that shit is intense!

Wanted to hear from those who were as silly as I to have taken the dumbbell landing pad for granted like I did the other week. My next shoulder exercise had me carefully timid and responsible, so alls well that ends well.

But when does my damned leg loosen up?!

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
answer: randomly, one day. it only took like three weeks though... bleh

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Sorry I missed this one... Cool story bro

Halo

Halo

MuscleHead
Jul 5, 2011
I've had this happen a few times at different gyms depending on the type of DB's they have some have a nice flat side so when you put the big 100+lb'rs on your quad it's no problem other times its a small knob'ish end that feels like it's cutting it's way through your quad into your femur... Glad your leg loosened up bro!

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Looking forward to injuring my leg after lifting 100 pounders! Bittersweet shit

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic