Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Drowning in Numbers

hugerobb

hugerobb

VIP Strength Advisor
Sep 15, 2010
"Numbers. Some days, I feel like I'm drowing in 'em. Everything I do has to do with numbers... The weights pile on, one after the other. the minutes count off, one by one, during cardio. The calories I don't add up anymore cuz I know my meals by sight. All the reps over the days, weeks, years. The same angry red numbers that glare at me every morning, telling me to get up. Then there are a specific set of numbers--60.42.35."

"Though they are not official, like a driver's license or other form of ID, these numbers, from top to bottom, identify me... And that can be a problem. These simple six digits are the reason people stare, mutter under their breaths, ask so many ignorant questions whenever I step into their world. See, with numbers people want to objectify me like they would some centerfold. But instead of lust, i'm talking about disgust."

I cannot be so easily defined...

"These numbers I have earned at great cost and sacrifice. So let them loathe me. Let them try to define me. I know who I am, who I will become. As I sit here, pumped from a grueling balls out set, I feel bigger than 60.42.35... Bigger than life. Though I've accomplished much in the years, that doesn't change a damn thing... I've still got many years to go. So I will pull my cap down low, and push on, toiling in anonymity

hugerobb

hugerobb

VIP Strength Advisor
Sep 15, 2010
my friend wrote it about himself,I changed the numbers too fit me and posted it here,I think we all feel this way at times.If you have been in this game long as for myself 25 yrs.Ive been thru all kind of emotions and stares and question about why i do it and when am I gonna be big enough.

Number LL

Number LL

MuscleHead
Dec 4, 2010
I have been off and on for 27 years. There are numbers hitting us everywhere not just in the iron game.

hugerobb

hugerobb

VIP Strength Advisor
Sep 15, 2010
bump this back to the top

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic