Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Drinking Raw Egg Whites

U

uncxrt

MuscleHead
Sep 7, 2015
I've been using the egg white cartons for years. Fast, easy and covenient.

D

Dyanne4293

TID Lady Member
May 14, 2015
I add 2 egg whites to my protein shakes every day and have for 3 years. Blend well.

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
I used to do the whole egg. 12 at a time plus cocoa and stevia.

The farts became horrible as did other things. Egg whites have the same effect on me plus bloating.

There is nothing fast for me anymore.

Mr. Wiggly

Mr. Wiggly

MuscleHead
Oct 15, 2011
Yep, 2 or 3 jumbo egg whites in every shake. 6 to 9 per day plus a few whole eggs for breakfast.

Wunderpus

Wunderpus

Nov 20, 2015
As someone who doesn't tolerate dairy well, even whey without lactose, I have been forced to rely largely on egg whites for my "snacks".

I mix 1 carton (50g's of protein) of Kirkland pasteurized egg whites with about 1.5 almond milk and a squirt of Hershey's syrup. To be honest, tastes better than 99% of the other protein mixes I've tried.

L

LifeSTRONG

Nov 7, 2015
As someone who doesn't tolerate dairy well, even whey without lactose, I have been forced to rely largely on egg whites for my "snacks".

I mix 1 carton (50g's of protein) of Kirkland pasteurized egg whites with about 1.5 almond milk and a squirt of Hershey's syrup. To be honest, tastes better than 99% of the other protein mixes I've tried.

This I did not know sir, not having a Cosco close by buying pasteurized egg whites are extremely expensive. Wanted to try going to eggs to help taking in so much whey.

Wunderpus

Wunderpus

Nov 20, 2015
My local grocery sells them 2 for $5, but Costco's prices are unbeatable.

I wonder if someone online can ship to you in bulk? They last like 5 months due to the pasteurization.

qpm2

qpm2

Mar 1, 2016
I eat alot of egg whites as well but I cook them to reduce the possibility of biotin deficiency issues and also take 1000mcg biotin pill every day just to be safe.

"By Dr. Mercola

Notice: Important 2009 Raw Egg Update

Since publishing this article in 2005, I have more carefully studied the issue of whether to consume WHOLE raw eggs or only egg yolks ... and my recommendation is to eat the WHOLE egg raw, as I originally advised in 2002.

Avoiding raw egg yolks is the conventional nutritional dogma as raw egg whites contain a glycoprotein called avidin that is very effective at binding biotin, one of the B vitamins. The concern is that this can lead to a biotin deficiency. The simple solution is to cook the egg whites as this completely deactivates the avidin.

The problem is that this also completely deactivates nearly every other protein in the egg white. While you will still obtain nutritional benefits from consuming cooked egg whites, from a nutritional perspective it would seem far better to consume them uncooked.

Two groups brought me to back this: pet owners who feed their pets raw foods and Aajonus Vonderplanitz, who wrote the raw food book We Want to Live. Both feel quite strongly that raw eggs are just fine to eat.

After my recent studies it became clear that the egg's design carefully compensated for this issue.

It put tons of biotin in the egg yolk. Egg yolks have one of the highest concentrations of biotin found in nature. So it is likely that you will not have a biotin deficiency if you consume the whole raw egg, yolk and white. It is also clear, however, that if you only consume raw egg whites, you are nearly guaranteed to develop a biotin deficiency unless you take a biotin supplement.

So to be clear, my advice is that you can safely eat WHOLE raw eggs, from a healthy fresh source. Personally I eat four whole raw eggs each morning with my breakfast."

Last edited:
mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
I used to drink raw egg whites in the 80's. All you needed was a weider weight set, a dozen eggs and a cybergenics kit to get huge :)

Tad the DietCoach

Tad the DietCoach

Jul 4, 2013
I used to drink raw egg whites in the 80's. All you needed was a weider weight set, a dozen eggs and a cybergenics kit to get huge :)

LOL I remember Cybergenics with Franco Santorellio... "this sh#$@ really works!" LOL

Seeker

Seeker

Dec 30, 2011
Haha yes raw eggs in the 80s was a big thing. That's how it all started for me. And I did have a weider weight set in my basement

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic