Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Drinking Raw Egg Whites

sityslicker1

sityslicker1

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 6, 2010
Costco sells eggwhites? Ive been looking every time I go, and can never find them.. Price?

I dont even drink protein shakes anymore, and havent in years. Most protein powders are garbage. My friend has access to this testing website where the test supplements, powders, etc.. Ill have to get the list and post it, but over 500+ supplements from many different companies, didnt test worth a shit.. Its pretty pathetic.. BSN..Syntha, dont waste your money.

Here is my recipe..

1.5 cups eggwhites
1/2 cup blueberries
1/2 cup strawberries
2 tablespoons all natural peanut butter

I believe its 6.99 for a case of 6 cartons 16oz each. They keep them in the cooler section with other dairy and egg products, at least
at mine.

Goliac7

Goliac7

MuscleHead
Feb 20, 2015
I do enjoy the egg whites. No gas though, I'm jealous.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
I believe its 6.99 for a case of 6 cartons 16oz each. They keep them in the cooler section with other dairy and egg products, at least
at mine.

This thread got my mild interest in egg whites started again, so I window-shopped at my store. The few brands they had all cautioned to use within one week, so I wouldn't buy in large quantities myself.

Rebel Yell

Rebel Yell

Feb 19, 2015
I just checked. Egg Beaters are pasteurized.
Hmmm, the gas is not welcomed.

The only reason I drink it when I do is because I don't have enough time to cook and then eat it.

N

Nerve

May 11, 2015
This thread got my mild interest in egg whites started again, so I window-shopped at my store. The few brands they had all cautioned to use within one week, so I wouldn't buy in large quantities myself.

That's once they're opened. I usually go through more than on carton per day.

You can freeze them too. I have about 8-9 in my fridge now & another 10 in the freezer.

MissMonsterr

MissMonsterr

TID Lady Member
Apr 9, 2015
So I have started drinking them. I've been putting the egg whites in with a protein shake twice a day and it's delicious...makes it thicker like a melted milk shake. I haven't had any issues digesting them so no issues there either (haha awkward).
I got "All-Whites" from Kroger. There's like 20 egg whites in a carton I paid $3 for so it's reasonable and you'll finish a carton way before it expires.

MissMonsterr

MissMonsterr

TID Lady Member
Apr 9, 2015
eating raw egg whites can be fatal if done consistently over a long period of time, pasteurized should be okay

(I can't post links yet, so I copied and pasted from Wikipedia)

Biotin deficiency is a rare nutritional disorder which can become serious, even fatal, if allowed to progress untreated. It can occur in people of any age, ancestry, or gender. Biotin is part of the B vitamin family. Biotin deficiency rarely occurs among healthy people because the daily requirement of biotin is low, many foods provide adequate amounts of it, intestinal bacteria synthesize small amounts of it, and the body effectively scavenges and recycles it from bodily waste. However, deficiencies can be caused by consuming raw egg whites over a period of months to years. Egg whites contain high levels of avidin, a protein that binds biotin strongly. When cooked, avidin is partially denatured and binding to biotin is reduced. However one study showed that 30-40% of the avidin activity was still present in the white after frying or boiling.[1] Hence excessive cooked egg white consumption could possibly cause biotin deficiency. Genetic disorders such as Biotinidase deficiency, Multiple carboxylase deficiency, and Holocarboxylase synthetase deficiency can also lead to inborn or late-onset forms of biotin deficiency. In all cases – dietary, genetic, or otherwise – supplementation with biotin is the primary method of treatment.

I take Biotin pills daily, people can get them at CVS really cheap: 5,300mcg/pill. A %daily a person needs is 300mcg I think, I don't imagine it blocks that much? (My boyfriend steals them to help clear up his bacne when he's broken out real bad too, so if anyone has issues with that)
I would have never guessed that though, that's interesting!

Ace Corona

Ace Corona

Apr 6, 2015
I take Biotin pills daily, people can get them at CVS really cheap: 5,300mcg/pill. A %daily a person needs is 300mcg I think, I don't imagine it blocks that much? (My boyfriend steals them to help clear up his bacne when he's broken out real bad too, so if anyone has issues with that)
I would have never guessed that though, that's interesting!

I'm glad I could help, I learned this from someone at a now defunct bodybuilding site called "Ask Scooby" but the owner shut that site down for personal reasons. It was a good little community, too.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
I use to blend up raw egg whites along with a cup of yogurt.....Figured the yogurt would help in keeping the bad bacteria in the raw eggs at bay......And the protein farts were deadly.....

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
Costco sells eggwhites? Ive been looking every time I go, and can never find them.. Price?

I dont even drink protein shakes anymore, and havent in years. Most protein powders are garbage. My friend has access to this testing website where the test supplements, powders, etc.. Ill have to get the list and post it, but over 500+ supplements from many different companies, didnt test worth a shit.. Its pretty pathetic.. BSN..Syntha, dont waste your money.

Here is my recipe..

1.5 cups eggwhites
1/2 cup blueberries
1/2 cup strawberries
2 tablespoons all natural peanut butter

hey @ItalianMuscle dont forget to post this list... I am tired of wasting my hard earned taxpayer money on placebo protein... i use LEWs , I use powdered proteins as well... inquiring minds want to know!

Last edited:
Reactions: HGH
JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
I use to blend up raw egg whites along with a cup of yogurt.....Figured the yogurt would help in keeping the bad bacteria in the raw eggs at bay......And the protein farts were deadly.....

The carton egg whites are pasteurized so they are fine to drink. However, it doesn't matter, there is nothing safe for anyone around protein farts.

S

Shemuscles

Dec 29, 2012
Yes. I drink my egg whites straight. I just drink, not taste.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic