Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Double hip replacement recovery

~R~F~G~

~R~F~G~

VIP Member
Dec 13, 2022
First hip was replaced on 10/13 and second hip was replaced on 12/5. Suffered 2 years from the day the Doctor told me I needed new hips. Of course I waited until my quality of life was crap. Had to cancel my annual trip of Motorcycle camping. And that’s not good. I love for that trip each year.

First hip was a breeze. Off the walker in 3 days and off the cane a week later. First surgery I was off the pain meds in 4 days and only was taking half of what I was prescribed.

Second hip. Not so Still on 5mg Oxycodone but taking them every 6 hours. I think tomorrow I’ll be able to drop them completely.

First hip I was in the treadmill doing 2mph for an hour. Started at 30 minutes and by the third time I was up to an hour but ended up feeling pain where the cup is screwed into the pelvis so I dropped that and figured I’d get back to it when the right hip was ready.

Worst part of all this is not working. I’m not good with downtime. And diet is suffering. Trying not to let it get to me but things get a bit harder and takes longer the older I get. Just hit 56. And really one run 150mg test a week and will run a Tren e blast in the spring.

But I’ll use this thread as a random log of what I’m doing. Also I’m an OTR trucker home every weekend. So I have to put in more effort this year to my on the road cardio and use my bands.

gbagh

gbagh

VIP Member
Dec 2, 2022
Sometimes cleaning up the diet helps more than anything. A strict carnivore keto diet really helped me peel the fat off. I was eating four meals a day. One egg meal, one dark meat chicken meal, one beef meal and one fish meal. I was rarely hungry and I peeled the fat off.

Have you tried cardio in the pool? I know that you're not in the tropics LOL but there is always the Y.

~R~F~G~

~R~F~G~

VIP Member
Dec 13, 2022
You’re both right. I need to run up the meats get back to a rhythm and maintain. The rest will fall in place.

Pig Vomit

Pig Vomit

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2022
I don't know what your diet is like, but when body parts get painful for me I examine my diet and make sure that I'm eating an anti-inflammatory diet and it does help. Google it.

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
I don't know what your diet is like, but when body parts get painful for me I examine my diet and make sure that I'm eating an anti-inflammatory diet and it does help. Google it.
I don't follow a specific anti inflammatory diet but when I'm having a lot of inflammation such as joints and distension I will eliminate processed foods and wheat products. Gluten is a trigger for me. Carbs trigger inflammation in me. In fact, now that we have a brief intermission between holidays I need to get back to that. I look at it as tightening my diet. always lean out and gain energy.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I don't follow a specific anti inflammatory diet but when I'm having a lot of inflammation such as joints and distension I will eliminate processed foods and wheat products. Gluten is a trigger for me. Carbs trigger inflammation in me. In fact, now that we have a brief intermission between holidays I need to get back to that. I look at it as tightening my diet. always lean out and gain energy.
Carbs cause massive inflammation for me as well. One cheat day and I am fine. If I have a cheat weekend or a couple cheat days in a week I am screwed. My joints will hate me.

~R~F~G~

~R~F~G~

VIP Member
Dec 13, 2022
Monday will be 2 weeks out on the second hip. Doing my best calorie wise but it’s the holidays too. This one has been a bit more painful. Spent 9 days on pain meds as opposed to the 4 days on the first one. Getting better every day.

~R~F~G~

~R~F~G~

VIP Member
Dec 13, 2022
New pain now. It’s a bone pain. I have an appointment on the 27th. It’s worse when I sit and do nothing. So I’m wondering why. I guess I took for granted the first one went like clockwork. I did better with my PT than this one. I assumed it would be as easy.

Decided to go to the mall and do the walk around there. I’m back on my cane. Called the doctor. Receptionist said no open appointments. Lol. Ok. Thanks. I have one for the 27th but had cancelled the one for the 20th for the first hip. Figured do them both on the 27th which is the follow up from the second hip.

Yesteday I binge watched The Wire. And when I got up to go to bed the pain was stupid. I can only describe it as it torquing of the bone. Like it’s being twisted.

Shame on me. But I’m getting pretty discouraged and disgusted with how I look. I’ll get past it. But man this sucks.

~R~F~G~

~R~F~G~

VIP Member
Dec 13, 2022
Well, I've done my best to stay off the leg and not do anything stupid. Using the cane full time and the bone pain is gone. But I know it's just one "overdo it" away from being back. Tomorrow is my first follow up for the right hip and the second follow up for the left hip. The left hip was a breeze. Today is 3 weeks post op and really that's not that far out considering what the surgery entails. So, I believe this is not out of the realm of normal. I just pushed it faster than I should have. I hope. My return to work is the 5th of February. I was hoping to go back sooner. But I don't see that now. And I am definitely not even going into the gym. Just sticking with my HRT and eating like shit. It's the holidays.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Try and keep that diet in check the best you can. I am sure the diet is causing a lot of inflammation, which is slowing your recovery.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic