Members
Latest Member
Samson0692
What's New?

dostinex (cabergoline) dose

W

wallygator

Oct 22, 2010
I'm going to run a trenbolone cycle next February and I'm planning ahead for it. I am intrigued about the idea of using dostinex (also called cabergoline) as an anti-prolactin, and to help restore sex drive (my experience with trenbolone is it obliterates all sex drive). Note: I will also run some test with the trenbolone, but that doesn't address the prolactin problem, hence the idea of using dostinex.

Also, if anyone can speak about the relationship of trenbolone to prolactin (or the lack thereof) I'd love to hear that knowledge.

I have read that a lot of people get sick on dostinex or it otherwise does not agree with them and they stop using it. I'd like to hear what doses and schedules people used, and what effects you noticed at your dose, either positive or negative.

My impression is people are using either .25 or .5mg 2x ew, and that the lower dose tends to not have negative side effects, with sides increasing significantly at the higher dose and beyond. I'd like to confirm or reject that based on your experiences.

Please chime in with your dose and results.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
.5 mg every 3rd day, never had ANY neg sides nor have I personally known anyone that has.
Start it when u start your tren not after u get issues
Use only human grade not liquid research stuff, never had luck with any brand of those,
Cheers

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
your thinking of Prami that makes you feel sick... not caber. both work well... I kinda like prami over caber...

Reactions: HDH
Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011

Your study is comparing bromocriptine to cabergoline, bromo has not been brought up, so I am not sure why you mentioned it.
Bromo has been on the outs for at least a decade for this application in the fitness world, IC is referring to Pramipexole which is an entirely different animal and though it works VERY well for prolactin suppression the sides are very rough for many.

Jimmyinkedup

Jimmyinkedup

Aug 22, 2012
Your study is comparing bromocriptine to cabergoline, bromo has not been brought up, so I am not sure why you mentioned it.
Bromo has been on the outs for at least a decade for this application in the fitness world, IC is referring to Pramipexole which is an entirely different animal and though it works VERY well for prolactin suppression the sides are very rough for many.

Agreed and since many of the sides that rear their head are sexual in nature I would put out there that if you can tolerate Prami it is actually superior for our purposes. Prami hits the d3 receptor more than caber. d3 receptor is vital to male sexual function.
Prami is, IMO, your best option provided you can tolerate it. also you have to make sure to take it properly. You have to start low and slowly increase the dosage of prami. Makes a big difference in tolerating the drug.

wesleyinman

wesleyinman

MuscleHead
Jan 9, 2014
.5mgs E3d is sufficient like someone else said. Never have seen a compound that can increase prolactin on that dosaage. Not tren, not NPP, not deca.

Make sure you have legit Caber in capsule form, not liquid. Prami is a solid back up plan, but tends to have far more sides, like lethargy and nausea. Caber is side free.

S

smash

Apr 30, 2013
My apologies. Pramipexole well its debatable. Prami the d3 preferring receptor agonist impairs responsiveness to brain reward systems

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0002479#s3

But I agree with the above, haven't seen a need for it lol

Edit: concede that its on Parkinson patients but cant work out how that would differ in non Parkinson's. Maybe?

Last edited:
S

smash

Apr 30, 2013
Actually just had a thought, a client works at the leading sexual health centre here and the step before injections for patients with ED is the prescription of cabergoline. I will ask why he prescribes that above the seemingly more powerful pramipexole and if he uses it at all.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
The Prami works well for prolactin suppression, however the sleep pattern disruption was horrific for myself as well as RLS symtoms when coming off of it tried it a few times over the course of 2 years.
Caber does the trick with NO noticeable sides.

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Running .25 or .5 will depend on your tren dose and estrogen. If you are running high tren and estro is up, .5 is usually the way to go. If you are running low Tren and estro is low, .25 could be your dose. If you are somewhere in the middle, high Tren, low estro or low Tren, high estro, .25 3x a week could be your spot.

Higher estro will raise prolactin.

Keep in mind everyone is different. I dose depending on how high I'm running Tren/Deca, what I'm running with it and if I'm running an AI or Serm.

If I'm running low Tren or Deca, I have found I don't even need it.

H

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic