What's New?

Dosing: injectables and orals

• Thread starter The other Snake
  • Start Date
The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
With injectables, it's always recommended that you keep steady blood levels. If your gear has a half life of 3 day, you are pinning 2-3x/wk. I get the idea of maintaining high concentration levels but wondered if this is important with orals.

As an example; Anavar has a half life of about 8-9 hours. Does this mean if you can not maintain a dose schedule of 2-3x/day, you're wasting gear? I have had good results with dosing orals only once a day at fairly low mgs.

Thoughts on this?

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
I believe that the half life is based on the actual compound itself, not it’s effects. For instance, insulin has a very short half life, but if I shoot it and then eat 10,000 cals of carbs, I feel that storage and fullness for over a day.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Usually orals are added in with an injectable as a boost or for its added properties. Never considered blood levels for orals since they have always been with something else

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
To each his own for sure. I can always tell that there is a high and low, nothing crazy, but noticeable, when I dose once a day with orals. 2x a day dosing gets rid of that and should be a touch easier on the liver than the influx of all at once, depending on what you’re popping. Know plenty of guys that just take them all at once too though. That’s only on the morning of a competition for me, lol.*

*I don’t compete in anything tested.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
To each his own for sure. I can always tell that there is a high and low, nothing crazy, but noticeable, when I dose once a day with orals. 2x a day dosing gets rid of that and should be a touch easier on the liver than the influx of all at once, depending on what you’re popping. Know plenty of guys that just take them all at once too though. That’s only on the morning of a competition for me, lol.*

*I don’t compete in anything tested.

I think where I am having issues with the split is with the low dose. Var at 40/day or Winny at 50/day. It seems like if you split it, you run the chance of the dose becoming less effective.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
I absolutely love 20mg var am/pm, lol. That’s my go-to dose and what I run almost anytime I run any orals at all. So for me, personally, it’s more than effective, it’s awesome. Winny I’m not a fan of, never run, and can’t give any advice on.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic