Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Don't drink RAW eggs!

Dex

Dex

VIP Member
Mar 30, 2011
I have a few people tell me they drink Raw eggs. This is some reasons why you shouldn't!

With raw egg whites, not only do you run the risk of salmonella, but they contain Avidin, which blocks the intake of Vitamin B6 (Biotin) and can cause a vitamin deficiency. The pasteurization process that our liquid egg whites go through neutralizes the Avidin found in raw egg whites while killing any trace of salmonella.

KBD

KBD

I Look Good...
Sep 13, 2010
I have a few people tell me they drink Raw eggs. This is some reasons why you shouldn't!

With raw egg whites, not only do you run the risk of salmonella, but they contain Avidin, which blocks the intake of Vitamin B6 (Biotin) and can cause a vitamin deficiency. The pasteurization process that our liquid egg whites go through neutralizes the Avidin found in raw egg whites while killing any trace of salmonella.

I got a stomach of steel, i blend my raw eggs up in protein shakes.

Dex

Dex

VIP Member
Mar 30, 2011
I'm sure your stomach can tolerate it.

Youngstunna

Youngstunna

Trenja Turtle
Oct 21, 2010
I have always wondered about this and do you get the same value out of the liquid eggs as if you had cooked them as far as digesting

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I haven't drank raw eggs since my days as a teenage bodybuilder. I drank them every day until one day when I had just got over an unrelated stomach illness I drank them and they made me sick again. Never could stand the thought of it again.

Dex

Dex

VIP Member
Mar 30, 2011
I have always wondered about this and do you get the same value out of the liquid eggs as if you had cooked them as far as digesting

Raw eggs aren't 100% Bio Available like pasteurized eggs. You need some heat to break down a wall surrounding the egg. I just learned about it so I'll need to go back and ask for the scientific break down. haha

Youngstunna

Youngstunna

Trenja Turtle
Oct 21, 2010
Raw eggs aren't 100% Bio Available like pasteurized eggs. You need some heat to break down a wall surrounding the egg. I just learned about it so I'll need to go back and ask for the scientific break down. haha

Thankyou for checking I will be interested to hear the response

KBD

KBD

I Look Good...
Sep 13, 2010

Went to your site though, nice stuff. Might have to place an order!

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011

the cooking process denatures the protein, hence the reason it turns white but it doesnt destroy the protein or change the uptake by your body. so the pastuerized or cooked are pretty much the same nutritionally. drinking them plain just is less time consuming. :D

Youngstunna

Youngstunna

Trenja Turtle
Oct 21, 2010
the cooking process denatures the protein, hence the reason it turns white but it doesnt destroy the protein or change the uptake by your body. so the pastuerized or cooked are pretty much the same nutritionally. drinking them plain just is less time consuming. :D

Thankyou for the response

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
Thankyou for the response

im sure MuscleEgg will give you a more scientific answer but essentially nutritionally the pasturized and cooked are the same and apparently superior to just plain raw!

Dex

Dex

VIP Member
Mar 30, 2011
The family I work with has been in the business since 1952. Any questions I cant answer they can so be sure to shoot any questions you may have my way

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic