Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism

Donnie Thopson WR squat 1260

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
Great old post. Excellent depth, which seems a rarity these days. Takes an incredible amount of mental fortitude regardless of equipment and, im not a fan of todays equipped meets. The hard work of those that live it cannot be diminished though.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
Great old post. Excellent depth, which seems a rarity these days. Takes an incredible amount of mental fortitude regardless of equipment and, im not a fan of todays equipped meets. The hard work of those that live it cannot be diminished though.

Speaking of mental fortitude....

I was talking to Donnie about how it felt like my forearms were flexing when I first started handling 800+ pound bench presses..... he's benched well in to the 9s so I figured he'd have some insight on it.

He said that when he took his 1300 attempt it felt like his femurs were flexing.

Weather it's just tendons or facia or whatever actually feeling the stress is besides the point that it felt like his femurs were bending and he still went after it.......

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012

I was talking to Donnie about how it felt like my forearms were flexing when I first started handling 800+ pound bench presses..... he's benched well in to the 9s so I figured he'd have some insight on it.

He said that when he took his 1300 attempt it felt like his femurs were flexing.

Weather it's just tendons or facia or whatever actually feeling the stress is besides the point that it felt like his femurs were bending and he still went after it.......

So with that in mind, does that mean that we probably won't see a 1500 pound equiped squat?

Sounds like the legs would just snap?

Heny Thomason was close to breaking the record. If you watch his old training videos he easily had the record.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
So with that in mind, does that mean that we probably won't see a 1500 pound equiped squat?

Sounds like the legs would just snap?

Heny Thomason was close to breaking the record. If you watch his old training videos he easily had the record.
Your bone density adapts much like muscle does. To 1500lbs? Nobody knows I guess. But theoretically it's possible the body could withstand that. I can't even imagine tho...

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011

800 and 900 lb bench presses...insane. i have a lot of respect for the punishment all power lifters / strength athletes are willing to put themselves through.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic