Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Donating Blood while on steroids

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Yea NO. If you're talking red cross and you tell them you are going for a Therapeutic Phlebotomy \HRT you will need a prescription and they will charge you . There are some private ones but they're just as hard if not worse to get to. I pay $75 a draw every 3 months and it's a friggin nightmare, appointments, Therapuetic phlebotomist is only there certain hours days. bla bla

If I had it to do again I would answer no to all the questions and let them draw it. Every sample is tested for their use.

DaSarge

DaSarge

VIP Member
Nov 20, 2014
I recall a female member being adamant about how terrible it would be for someone to lie and donate blood while on gear. For the life of me, I can't remember what her argument was though...BTW, I donate every two months like clockwork...

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
Yea NO. If you're talking red cross and you tell them you are going for a Therapeutic Phlebotomy \HRT you will need a prescription and they will charge you . There are some private ones but they're just as hard if not worse to get to. I pay $75 a draw every 3 months and it's a friggin nightmare, appointments, Therapuetic phlebotomist is only there certain hours days. bla bla

If I had it to do again I would answer no to all the questions and let them draw it. Every sample is tested for their use.

Very good info here, thanks for the heads up about this! I didn't know that they would do that.

TheMuscleMan

TheMuscleMan

Jul 30, 2016
They must have changed the rules between when I donated and now. When I donated it was between `97 and `02 and I was on gear and I put it on the form and they still drew from me and it was a red cross that did it. I haven't donated in awhile though so it may have changed or they may have not read the form completely.

Thanks
TMM

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic