Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Does letrozole work on old Gyno?

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
CEO what do you mean "another surgery"? Please be EXPLICIT about this condition, therapies used and what were the qualifications of those involved surgically?

C

ceo

VIP Member
Oct 12, 2010
CEO what do you mean "another surgery"? Please be EXPLICIT about this condition, therapies used and what were the qualifications of those involved surgically?

I would start with Tamoxifen. I had pubertal gyno. Had surgery, it came back. Had second surgery, it came back. Used tamoxifen and after about 4-6 months of treatment it was almost completely gone. I can manage it very well when it flares up now with just a little tamoxifen for a couple months at most. I usually only need to take the tamoxifen maybe once or twice a year. Certainly less invasive than surgery.

how much more explicit would you like? Neither of them were plastic surgeons, which I regret because the first guy dug out a chunk of muscle from my chest and it is deformed. Although I seem to be the only one to really notice...or people are just being nice. Both times the surgeries were covered by insurance though. Not sure if any surgeon would ever be able to get it all out. And of course I wouldn't want to have someone, no matter what their qualifications, deform me while giving it a go.

Seems my endocrine system's been fugged up for a while now. Probably stemming from my hyperthyroidism. Dad was hyper, developed a large goiter, had radioactive iodine treatment...twice, then on synthroid to manage it (he passed in 2009). Mom was hyper also when she was younger, then went hypo all on her own, also on synthroid. Sister developed thyroid cancer a few years back, had to have surgery to remove. Not sure if all or just partial. Neither of my brothers seem to have had issues. I was at the point of having thyroid storms for some time when I decided on medical management with tapazole. Managed that way for about 5 years. Doctor took me off the drugs and my levels always are within the normal range...although barely. But I definitely still have symptoms from time to time. If it gets worse I'll do the drugs again.

To sum it all up, I blame my thyroid. I also blame my thyroid for destroying my Test levels quite suddenly almost 4 years ago. And for making me kill that man. But that's another story for a different thread.

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
how much more explicit would you like? Neither of them were plastic surgeons, -------THAT's EXACTLY what i was questioning! -------------

which I regret because the first guy dug out a chunk of muscle from my chest and it is deformed.

------ Serioiusly how do you KNOW muscle was removed since if fatty tissue was removed in an asymmetric manner it may look deformed. More importantly removing muscle from someone's anterior CHEST WAll is a difficult task to accomplish and next to impossible with any form of liposuctiion. What was the size of your incision? Was a path report filed? If so was "muscle" noted ?

Although I seem to be the only one to really notice...or people are just being nice. Both times the surgeries were covered by insurance though.
-------Since MOST insurance will NOT cover cosmetic surgery, do you KNOW how the procedure was filed with the insurance carrier ------- "focal resection of breast lump RO malignancy" vs "cosmetic reduction of asymmetric prepubertal breast enlargement" unresponsive to medical therapy, etc --------

Not sure if any surgeon would ever be able to get it all out. And of course I wouldn't want to have someone, no matter what their qualifications, deform me while giving it a go.

Seems my endocrine system's been fugged up for a while now. Probably stemming from my hyperthyroidism. Dad was hyper, developed a large goiter, had radioactive iodine treatment...twice, then on synthroid to manage it (he passed in 2009). Mom was hyper also when she was younger, then went hypo all on her own, also on synthroid. Sister developed thyroid cancer a few years back, had to have surgery to remove. Not sure if all or just partial. Neither of my brothers seem to have had issues. I was at the point of having thyroid storms for some time when I decided on medical management with tapazole. Managed that way for about 5 years. Doctor took me off the drugs and my levels always are within the normal range...although barely. But I definitely still have symptoms from time to time. If it gets worse I'll do the drugs again.

To sum it all up, I blame my thyroid. I also blame my thyroid for destroying my Test levels quite suddenly almost 4 years ago. And for making me kill that man. Hmmm

But that's another story for a different thread.

FINALLY ---- do you know if ALL the involved tissue was removed by LIPOSUCTION?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic