Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Does it work for anybody??

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
so when i first got back into the gym not quite two years ago i knew nothing about supplements. i went down to the local health food store and bought a jug of protein powder and a preworkout. the first one i tried was NO explode. it gave me the beta alanine tingles but honestly i didnt know enough about anything to know if it did more than that. when i had started working out 20 years before i was a high school student and a very poor college student and had never taken a supplement before. you know, back there there was no internet!

when i finished NO explode i bought a tub of superpump 250. made by gaspari, i knew who he was and it had great attractive packaging! absolutely nothing. took the whole tub but never felt anything, not even some beta alanine tingles. after that i did a sponsored log for isatori on morph megadrive. i really investigated the ingredients and learned all that i could on what they could do. i started to understand the different parts of a preworkout. focus, recovery, intenisty, vasuclarity(not that i have any) etc etc.

i have tried many preworkouts since than. i am very stim resisant so never get the good high feeling but most i can get some tingles and some increased focus and quicker recovery etc. so after running a can of animal rage, which i love! still felt the same at the end as it did at the beginning which is amazing as my body adjust quickly to such things. but anyway i was ordering me another round of rage and they had some superpump250 MAX on sale. hmmmmmm it is MAX now, it has to be better, right? maybe i didnt know enough when i tried it the first time. maybe it is actually really good now, i mean, people brag on it all the time. beautiful people are poster children for it. so i ordered one just because.

it came in when i was gone on vacation so yesterday was my first day back in the gym. wonderful, 10 days off supps, the body should be perfect and sensitive to a new preworkout. 1-3 scoops, ok lets take 2, middle of the road. not so much that if it works it drives me crazy but enough to ensure that i feel something. well, NOTHING, NADA, NIL! couldnt believe it. i know, i know, i should know better, gaspari doesnt have the reputation with real people that they do if they actually had a decent product. *bigsigh*

so that all being said, if there is any of you who like superpump 250 max and get something out of it, i will send you a free tub minus 2 scoops! all it did was make me feel exhausted all workout and all afternoon! blah, who needs that!

B

Bilter

VIP Member
Jun 7, 2011
It works on me ATW but, given my short membership here its probably better to pass it along to a long time member ;-)

RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
It worked really good for me. I had zero complaints with the it. I would be more then happy yo take it off your hands.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Nonsense bilter, you were the first to chime in, and you've done something in this community to earn a VIP title, so it should be yours if you want it.

ATW, the regular SuperPump 250 gets me amped up pretty hard, but I'm very stimulant sensitive, so I'm probably not a great judge. I will say that nothing has ever gotten me as jittery as Jack3d. Of course, my dumbass took 3 scoops the first time I ever took it. I could hardly catch my breath.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
wow, im amazed that it works for anyone! Bilter, im with SAD, im more than happy to send it to you. if you dont want it than i can send it to RedNeck. it is pink lemonade.

B

Bilter

VIP Member
Jun 7, 2011
Mature group here, glad I signed on..
Pink Lemonade!! Yum Ill take it ATW thanks.
Ill pm you :)

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
Mature group here, glad I signed on..
Pink Lemonade!! Yum Ill take it ATW thanks.
Ill pm you :)

will ship it today but given the holiday it might be the middle of the week before it arrives!

P

Phoenix

Nov 14, 2010
Wow, this is actually a timely and helpful post for me. I've been encouraged to use a preworkout and NO Explode was recommended to me. I consider myself pretty stimulant resistent, too, although I LOVE Creatine! I wonder if I should just stick with straight Creatine?

So many supplements, so little time (and money)! :-<

W

Wolf

MuscleHead
Dec 25, 2010
A lot of those energy boosting supplements all have to rely on legal things to cause the energy increase. There was a product I was looking up called hemo...rage? Hemoboost, something along those lines. I did a quick look up on the actual ingredients and some of them had a oral half life of 5-10 minutes. Think about that a product with an ingredient that won't survive the preworkout meal where some people take their preworkout supplements. Here is the ingredient list of Superpump 250max

2znx4i1.jpg

Most of the stuff there that is going to increase energy or give you the feeling of increased energy is probably not very highly dosed and it's not going to be particularly powerful. A lot of these energy supplements depend on caffeine, if you are a regular caffeine consumer you will not feel that great. L-Tyrosine can increase norepinepherine levels and dopamine levels and has been shown to increase lipolysis. The inclusion of adenosine is kind of confusing for me, although I'd have to do more reading on it. Caffeine is an antagonist of adenosine, it binds to adenosine site receptors as one of its primary modes of increasing CNS activity. I can imagine that its included to perhaps increase the rate of ADP production.

A lot of pre workout supplements depend on the placebo effect or depend on people that don't regularly consume things that they will become desensitized to. The basic constitution of all commercial energy boosters is going to be something that includes a vasodialator and something that increases norephinepherine/adrenaline levels, maybe, maybe something to increase beta receptor activity.

Being insensitive to stims isn't always a bad thing either. I knew a guy that couldn't run what I would consider the least harsh of fat burners without feeling panic because he was shaking all the time.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
SuperDump 250 (the original) works awesome... I put myself in the hospital for heart monitoring with that stuff :x

I don't really care for pre-workouts in general ATW. They are expensive and generally not worth it. I prefer to build my own cocktails so to speak. Some creatine monohydrate, some glycomaize, a scoop of protein and I'm good to go. I don't need a supp for vascularity and pumps anyway cause I'm on dbol :D

G

GOAL200

Jan 15, 2011
ATW, you may be better off with megadosing regular ole L-arginine an hour or 90 mins preWO. That'll get the blood flowing and should help with your pumps. Not everyone gets the jacked-up stimulant feeling, but it sounds like you DO get the crash afterward. That sucks. I'd do creatine, beta-alanine, arginine preWO and play with the doses.

Dex

Dex

VIP Member
Mar 30, 2011
Im a huge fan of Jack3d before and Hyperbolic during. Then Karbolyn and Egg whites after

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic