Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Does growth hormone make new muscle cells?

A

arnoldblack

Sep 6, 2010
The question is does using growth hormone make new additional muscle cells? I have read many forums and the opinions are different from thread to thread and forum to forum, some say growth hormone makes new muscle cells and some say it makes the existing muscle cells bigger. I have not been able to find scientific proof anywhere supporting that GH makes new additional muscle cells but Im still looking. What is your opinion and do you have supporting evidence?

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
Read up on hyperplasia...

The theory behind it is that it creates new muscle cells whereas normal muscle growth consists of the same cells growing larger. It's the same concept as normal fat loss consisting of fat cells shrinking and people claiming that DNP is the only thing that actually kills fat cells. When you get fatter, the body creates new fat cells to increase the size of the adipose tissue. This does not happen naturally when new muscle is created and in guessing it has something to do with the same reason our bodies produce myostatin.

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
The question is does using growth hormone make new additional muscle cells? I have read many forums and the opinions are different from thread to thread and forum to forum, some say growth hormone makes new muscle cells and some say it makes the existing muscle cells bigger. I have not been able to find scientific proof anywhere supporting that GH makes new additional muscle cells but Im still looking. What is your opinion and do you have supporting evidence?

In actuality there really isn't many if at all true bodybuilding studies - it's mostly hypothesis . If you want to know about bodybuilding you ask bodybuilders or read what exoerienced share, I lifted natty 10 plus years, brought my body far as it could - then began AAS couple years. Gained ton of size and power. First 2 years I tried hgh it was like my cycles went on overdrive and I would never cycle without both again. After first six months or so it just became noticeable that I was getting shredded and toned without trying - I always eat clean by preference, always active but as I moved through my 30s it became more difficult to manipulate my body comp with diet and training - hgh changed that for me. Many people attribute hgh to the freaky huge condition the bodybuilders of today have over bb of 60s and 70s- however it's really the synergy of aas , insulin and hgh that create the monster freaks of today

Jasthace

Jasthace

MuscleHead
May 29, 2011
some say growth hormone makes new muscle cells and some say it makes the existing muscle cells bigger.?

Yes growth hormone can help to cause muscle cell proliferation..{ Hyperplasia}. Where as Anabolic Steroids cause the existing muscle to fill with stores and become bigger. {Hypertrophy}

I have not been able to find scientific proof anywhere supporting that GH makes new additional muscle cells but Im still looking. What is your opinion and do you have supporting evidence?

Growth hormone apparently causes an increase in IGF-1 which can help to cause muscle cell Hyperplasia in conjunction with MGF {which is also a type of IGF}

Here's an article about IGF and MGF and how they work together to cause muscle cell proliferation.

The science:

In a natural system (Our Body) we have peaks and dips with MGF and IGF levels. The reasons for these peaks and dips are to create the ideal amount of cells to repair and create new tissue. After strenuous exercise the levels of MGF in the body (more specifically in the muscle just trained) increase dramatically and there is a dramatic decrease of IGF levels. The reason for this is because MGF causes stem cells to proliferate (split and multiply). This process ensures that there are enough cells available to make repairs and to create new tissue in order for the tissue to function efficiently and properly (in this case skeletal muscle tissue). As mentioned above in the presence of MGF there is no need for IGF because it is rendered useless and cannot activate the stem cells, so this explains the bodies response to decrease IGF levels.

In 12-36 hours MGF levels begin to drop and there is a direct correlation in the rise of IGF levels within the body. Stem cells have proliferated and now the IGF will bind to the proper receptors and cause differentiation (force the stem cells to form into a specific cell for a specific tissue type). This process repeats every time you exercise and keeps the natural system in an efficient state.

When flooding the body with these artificial peptides a person will change this natural system dramatically. A person using MGF only is causing stem cell proliferation while at the same time preventing IGF to perform its duties of creating new tissue from those newly created stem cells. A person using IGF only is depleting the supply of stem cells at a rate much faster than the body can keep up, leading to a depletion of available stem cells and not receptor "down-regulation" or "desensitization."

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=210966.0;wap2

S

Shamrockbear1

MuscleHead
Dec 24, 2011
Well through reading u have come to understand that insulin engourges the cell with nutrients and GH divides the cell making more. With that said I've tried plain GH and aas and I gained size and retained water but when I stopped gone... I'm now doing insulin for first time and GH and I have lost 12 lbs and dropped about 2% body fat.. So IMO I beleive I have really gained body recomp and lost body fat as far as new cells I believe that we fall back on genetics again and how you respond to aas...

S

Shamrockbear1

MuscleHead
Dec 24, 2011
Also at my age over 40 progress is a lot slower my buddy at 30 responds great with way less training than me. I believe its common knowledge in the bodybuilding community that GH has the potential to make new cells. I find it hard to believe that pharma companies have not exhausted all research in this area because if new cells were possible it would change medicine forever and very easily done under research pharma companies spend millioins, so again it leads me to believe that GH may not produce the new cells believed. I believe GH does what's its supposed to and promote development in undeveloped areas of the body and maybe kick start stalled areas of growth. In conclusion there is no magic bullet but GH may promote healing if your body is ready. Also I don't believe that TB500 does much either because usually people believe the combination does help. I'm waiting for real research for TB500 and not peptide co. hype to sell more as I said pharma companies spend millions if not billions on research so I find it hard to believe the hype on GH and peptides ...

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
I have never used gh myself but this was my observation of guys that have used gh it's not a miracle maker in that it's going to make you muscular.what I have seen is that to see the full benefits you have to run it for lengthy periods consistently along with a clean diet it does keep you leaner and you do look crisper if that make sense.gh in terms of bb must be used at higher doses along with sling and your anabolics if its a bb physic you want.

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Last edited:
dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
EXCELLENT QUERY OP!

The best answer: is yes it does in some instances.

However does rHGH cause hyperplasia (increased NUMBER if cells) of SKM cells? Now that's much more difficult to answer confidently based on existing data. (But I'll explain why I believe the answer is PROBABLY NOT!)

So what is KNOWN.
1) Any hyperplasia which does occur is the result of increased IGF, influenced of insulin
1) rHGH (or IGF indirectly, if proffered) does CAUSE an increase in the NUMBER of cells, whenever that cell line has not reached it's final morphologic destiny, such as; the Stomach vs Brain vs SKM or Tendons etc.

Well that was obviously premature!

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic