Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Does Fasting Build Muscle?

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
There's nothing wrong with that approach, but maintaining your metabolism is a proven myth.

Here is another way to look at it. Your body can only assimilate so many nutrients at once. It seems to me that smaller more frequent meals would be easier to assimilate.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Here is another way to look at it. Your body can only assimilate so many nutrients at once. It seems to me that smaller more frequent meals would be easier to assimilate.
You'd be amazed how much one can eat and assimilate from, let's say, 11am to 7pm lol.

J

johnjay06

VIP Member
Jul 22, 2011
I'll just throw this out there. Since doing IF, I've never looked better. I'm gaining mass and losing body fat, the scale doesn't lie. What was it proven, your body doesn't go into catabolism until something like 72 hours or something? I love it, bloodwork has never been better and I've haven't felt this good in years.

S

Sammy555

Feb 22, 2012
I always fast twice a week for 24 hours on work days. Always get stronger and gain muscle doing this mostly i believe due to increased insulin sensitivity. I eat a good surplus on training days and hold weight and get stronger and leaner, if i want to cut I eat maintainece on training days and hold strenght while lossing fat quick. If I want to bulk I increase size of meals on refeed. I do this in combination with carbless post workout and carb backloading on work days whennot fasting. Insulin sensitivity is through the roof. Your find studies for and against anything. I just try shit and see what happens, If it works i like to understand why, but even if i cant explain it and it works I do it. For instance if i train after a 12 hour night shift and 5 hours sleep, feel like shit, no pre workout drink, hit personal bests nearly every time. I can't explain why or find and plausible explanation why. It works, so i do it. Same with fasting, love it

big_paul_ski

big_paul_ski

MuscleHead
Dec 13, 2010
I'll just throw this out there. Since doing IF, I've never looked better. I'm gaining mass and losing body fat, the scale doesn't lie. What was it proven, your body doesn't go into catabolism until something like 72 hours or something? I love it, bloodwork has never been better and I've haven't felt this good in years.

The scale most definitely lies. The mirror tells the truth. With that said its nice to see you had success with this.

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
Even if "it does work" i will never be doing it. love to eat, love to lift, love to compete, and fasting is not the way any national level figure girl gets to the top. And if so let them come on here and say it works. enjoy your fast :-*

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
One of the big drivers from what I've read about IF, is the 'lifestyle" you live - many who do shift work or don't have the ability to eat every 2-3 hours, this is a viable alternative that does produce results. I've tried a couple different variations of "patterns" - one of them being PMSF and also IF. PMSF I had a problem with because I was really starving and it was impacting my ability to do my regular day's work. On the other side when you do the carb up, I stepped it down a bit, but still felt like trash after a shitload of carbs. I tried IF about a year ago, and I lasted about 6 days on it. I've been doing small meal every 2-3 hours for nearly 20 years so I've adjusted my metabolism to that schedule. It would take more time to get it to match to an IF schedule, and given that I drive a desk for a living and have a fridge & microwave readily handy, I have no particular motivation to try to follow an IF schedule.

I know a couple guys who follow IF very successfully - a couple of them are hardcore crossfitters (and we're not talking the scrawny guys either) - Because of the crossfit they aren't going for bodybuilder size, but the fact that they can execute the stuff I've seen them do and still maintain very muscular physiques is telling me they aren't going catabolic on this protocol. I don't recall seeing any women post up about using IF. Have you guys?

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
I really like fasting and the whole concept of it. Most mornings I run in a fasted state, anywhere up to 15km I'm usually fine on no food. I personally like to emphasise a higher fat/lower carb approach to my diet, it teaches my body to prioritise burning fats and not to be carb-dependant.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic