Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Does Fasting Build Muscle?

Rein

Rein

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2010
If I don't eat often and big quantities of food not only I feel weak but also get very moody and lethargic.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
A better question for the thread title would be: "Does Fasting Cause You To Lose Muscle?" Done intermittently, as long as one takes in their daily caloric/marcro needs, the answer is NO. And there is scientific evidence behind that (studies NOT completed by supplement companies who tell you to drink one of their shakes every 3 hours). I know from experience that it will work - on either a cut or a bulk.

upstatetank

upstatetank

Dec 7, 2012
A better question for the thread title would be: "Does Fasting Cause You To Lose Muscle?" Done intermittently, as long as one takes in their daily caloric/marcro needs, the answer is NO. And there is scientific evidence behind that (studies NOT completed by supplement companies who tell you to drink one of their shakes every 3 hours). I know from experience that it will work - on either a cut or a bulk.

I've seen lots of people having success with IF. Personally, I don't think I could ever do it. I've gotten so used to eating every few hours that if I'm ever off sched a bit the ole tummy starts growling and I start to get moody as a girl during that time of the month.

Props for being able to pull off IF Iron, youre a better man than me!

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I've seen lots of people having success with IF. Personally, I don't think I could ever do it. I've gotten so used to eating every few hours that if I'm ever off sched a bit the ole tummy starts growling and I start to get moody as a girl during that time of the month.

Props for being able to pull off IF Iron, youre a better man than me!
It's doable for anyone. I used to drink shakes in the middle of the night. It just takes some adjustment. It's probably better to try the first time when on a cut. Because on a cut you have to get used to denial anyway. Just takes a few days to get in the flow.

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
Fasting on 420???
thats not gonna happen!

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
WOW really people LOL that shit is all over FB to STUPID PEOPLE

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
I did not read everyone comments but the general post. Does fasting build muscle ????? All i know is im national level figure competitor off season at the moment and my coach is stuffing me like a pig trying to bring up my upper body and its working. I never in all the years me bodybuilding have heard of this. what are they saying it might spike your GH level please... don't you think your body would go into catabolism before that. like i side i did not read what people are saying just that if its a fad diet like all the other fad diets you might loss weight but then gain it all back and some because your metabolism is shit now. That's just my tc

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
One thing is for sure FASTING BUILDS FAT

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
Even if it does increase your GH level everyone that supplements GH knows that is takes a constant raised level of GH for 6 months to see results ??? am i wrong

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Intermittent fasting is just an eating pattern. All the other stuff is mostly BS, just like all the other groundbreaking science behind every other eating pattern... like you have to eat every 2 hours or you will go catabolic (LOL). What matters is hitting your daily calorie and macro goals, not when you eat them. IF is usually 16 hours fasted and an 8 hour eating window. It doesn't align with most bro-science but it works just the same.

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
I think the every 2 hours is just to maintain your metabolism. As for at night for a women i just eat healthy fats with protein or casein.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic