Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Does Anyone Else Have High Glucose Levels?

Gregger

Gregger

MuscleHead
Dec 16, 2012
Big_Paul is right dude...

Also, I just caught this
The normal range is 70-130.
That's if you're already diabetic like me
For you, since your not there yet your "pre meal" should be under 100
I test closer to 2hrs after, but 1-2 is cool... under 110

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Big_Paul is right dude...

Also, I just caught this

That's if you're already diabetic like me
For you, since your not there yet your "pre meal" should be under 100
I test closer to 2hrs after, but 1-2 is cool... under 110

Man I'm curious now to what the number was when I had my lab work done. I guess I'm gonna have to call and ask.

Hey, even if my sugar stays normal, I still want to add in the list of foods you and others mentioned. At least I can work to keep it nice and low.

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
So I should give some more detail into my diet and the plan I am using.

My goal is strength, so I am not currently counting anything. When I'm on my meal plan 100% I try to avoid: wheat and dairy. Most items that are wheat and dairy free are gluten free, but not all. Honestly the only thing I know about gluten is that it is what makes food stick together. That's why bread is pliable. So if its not gluten free it doesn't matter for the selections.

Anyway, back to the diet. I'm working on lowering my bodies overall PH from super acidic, that's what it is now, to more of an alkaline ph. 7.0 is neutral.

The only Alkaline starch I have found is sweet potatoes. There are a bunch of fruits that are alkaline and some are acidic, like blueberries.

So Sunday through Thursday I follow that outline. No wheat, no dairy, try to get in alkaline foods and still get in some acidic foods (Protein is acidic). The chart said whey protein is alkaline, I'm not sure if that's accurate.

Friday and Saturday I like to take off from my meal plan and just enjoy stuff I like. This is a nice balance for me.

So anyway, tonight I had a shrimp poor boy and fries. I tested my glucose 20 minutes after dinner and it was 83.

It looks like the blood work at the dr was not accurate, or for some reason my blood sugar was high because of my diet at the time.

Even though, I still am planning to use foods that are good for blood sugar: Oatmeal, cinnamon, cherries, mangos and avocados.

I need to make this change anyway because those foods I just listed help my anxiety levels.

Fast foods and sweets, I need to keep to just a couple times a week.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Turbo you were told you are essentially pre diabetic so you went out and ate a plate of nachos.

Dude. Go see a nutritionist and get your shit together. I mean that as a friend. Strength isn't an excuse to eat like shit and destroy your body. You saw how much weight I dropped and in the process my deadlift went up 30lbs in a couple months.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
I agree with PoB on this.
The docs test was in no way wrong. Before assessing yourself wait for the a1c to come back and that will give you a better idea of your overall.
From what I gather it's the morning " fasting" test that is the tell tale.

TenaciousA

TenaciousA

TID Lady Member
Mar 31, 2013
You had a fasting glucose test (A1C)... what was the number?

Let me clarify---fasting glucose levels and A1c are completely different tests.

Fasting glucose measures ones fasting glucose levels, a secondary Measure of pancreatic function, as well as other hormonal responses (hormones involved and glucose response that are way too involved for this).

An A1c is the measure that is a marker of glucose levels – it measures how much glucose is attached to your hemoglobin contained in your red blood cells.

A fasting glucose level from 100 to 125, per the American diabetes association, is considered prediabetes.

An A1c from 5.7 to 6.4 is also prediabetes.

Turbo what were your numbers?

Love,
Your CDE pharmacist.

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
T, I didn't ask for the numbers. I guess I should have. I'll call Monday and see.

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
So I woke up this morning fasted and took my glucose levels and it was 91.

I'm gonna work on my eating plan and go back to the dr and get lab work done again.

Also POB, that was just because it was friday. The rest of the week was clean.

Gregger

Gregger

MuscleHead
Dec 16, 2012
I guess I'm good then...
I test 106-110 usually
Last A1C was 6.3

No more Actos... No more Met

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
I guess I'm good then...
I test 106-110 usually
Last A1C was 6.3

No more Actos... No more Met

Greg isn't 106-110 a healthy range?

I thought 140 or more was bad?

Gregger

Gregger

MuscleHead
Dec 16, 2012
Greg isn't 106-110 a healthy range?

I thought 140 or more was bad?

It's flipping perfect for me... I'll spike right after weight training but comes back in quick soon after.

Gregger

Gregger

MuscleHead
Dec 16, 2012
uploadfromtaptalk1413655779080.jpg

How I feel about it Turbo...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic