Latest Member
Samson0692
What's New?

Doctors advice

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
The wife went for her yearly female check up yesterday. During the "How's things been?" she mentioned having trouble holding her body weight the last year. The same conversation she had with me and I recommended she ask the Dr. for some additional tests in her BW. I can't believe they never even ordered a TSH test.

So the doctor starts to lay out his words of wisdom. "The only thing I have ever seen work is Weight Watchers. Another thing that helps, is to stop eating meat. There's 2 good shows on NetFlix I would recommend, What the Health and Game Changer."

My wife said she has seen both shows (with me) and it seemed like they had an addenda. He then told her how he lost some weight staying away from meat and those 2 things are probably the only way she was going to maintain her weight or drop the 10 lbs she wanted to lose.

Dude needs to stick to his chosen field and stop dispensing weight-loss advice.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
Tell him to watch "Fat" on Amazon Prime.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
lol! Or Sugar or Keto or what ever else they want to call the show as the are trying to slant it. The secret in weight loss is there's no secret.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012

So the doctor starts to lay out his words of wisdom. "The only thing I have ever seen work is Weight Watchers. Another thing that helps, is to stop eating meat. There's 2 good shows on NetFlix I would recommend, What the Health and Game Changer."

Dude needs to stick to his chosen field and stop dispensing weight-loss advice.

EXACTLY. Doctors need to stick to practicing medicine. Not nutrition.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
My wife did ask him, "Do you remember what my husband looks like?" He replied, "Yes I do but he's not a good example."

Not a good example huh?

C

ceo

VIP Member
Oct 12, 2010
Do you know how much nutrition training the average doctor gets in medical school?

Zero!!

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Do you know how much nutrition training the average doctor gets in medical school?

Zero!!

Lol, reminds me of a post I saw sometime ago, either here or on a similar board citing an inescapable truth ...

There are Medical Schools all over America producing a new crop of doctors each year. Someone has to be the guy who graduated last in his/her class each time, year after year. Somewhere, sometime, some Americans wind up with one of those guys as their doctor :(

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
I googled the average time a Dr is schooled in nutrition; 19 hours.

Worst part is 3 of those hours were probably watching What the health and Game changer. Lol

C

ceo

VIP Member
Oct 12, 2010
I googled the average time a Dr is schooled in nutrition; 19 hours.

Worst part is 3 of those hours were probably watching What the health and Game changer. Lol
That's a more recent thing then. They probably remember very little of that 19 hours of training by the time they're done.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
I’ve come to realize most Doctors are worthless when it comes to finding relief from problems

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
I know a lot of people revere medical doctors and think they are perfect...but I know my body better than them. They are practicing their profession as much as I practice mine. They are always practicing. "How do you get to Carnegie Hall....? Practice"

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic