Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Doc will only give me Androgel 1.62

C

Cobramustangsvt

May 8, 2013
Hi,
Well, my regular doc doesn't want to do injections and he'll only give me Androgel 1.62. He does not want to give cypionate whatsoever. I made the argument about the price ($350 vs $$60) and complained to the insurance company and they said they'll cover it so I'm stuck.

Is this good or should I shop around and keep looking for another doc? How do I even dose this thing? It's a pump.

I was reading that I should take 2 pumps and apply them to my shoulders. The doc said to see him in 2 months. He didn't give me any dosing instructions.

Here are my labs:
This is from April of this year:
LH = 4.1 Ref (1.5-9.3 mIU/mL)
FSH = 3.9 Ref (1.6-8.0 mIU/mL)
Prolactin = 11.6 Ref (2.0-18.0 ng/mL)
Estradiol = 23 Ref (< or = 39pg/mL)
Testosterone , Total, Males = 290 Ref (241-827 ng/dL)

These are labs from a month later:
Testosterone, Total, 277 Ref 300-1000
Testosterone, Free, 59.8 REF 90-244pg/mL
SHBG 27 REF 13-71nmol/L

How should I do this? I told him that I have a daughter and wife and didn't want them growing beards and he said that as long as I shower early in the morning, apply it and place a t-shirt on after it dries, I shouldn't have a problem.

Basically, if I want injections, I'll have to find a new doc. I've read alot of complaints about Androgel. Should I even fill the prescription and give it a try or just find another doc?

Thanks

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I'd find a more cooperative doctor... Did you ask him why he is against having you take injections versus the gel? I'd ask him if he is getting kick backs from the pharm company or something. I'm curious what his reasoning is.

Dex

Dex

VIP Member
Mar 30, 2011
That's a huge glob of sticky alcohol smelling crap you have to run on yourself. I'd rather poke!

creekrat

creekrat

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2012
I'd shop for a different dr in your area or go through a clinic. I bet POB is right. A lot of dr get kickbacks from big pharma to push their products.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
I stated out on compounded transdermal. But the fear of transference to my wife and kids really freaked me out. There is an american academy of pediatrics article about the dangers of transference. Even through t-shirts and bed sheets. If you have kids, present your concerns.

C

Cobramustangsvt

May 8, 2013
I told him about my wife and daughter and he said that it dries quickly and to throw a t-shirt on.

He said that injections cause liver cancer. When I asked him where did he get this information, he pointed me to the Androgel brochure.

Here is a copy of it online: it's right there at the bottom of page 8, Section 5.6:
rxabbvie.com/pdf/androgel1_62_PI.pdf

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
I told him about my wife and daughter and he said that it dries quickly and to throw a t-shirt on.

He said that injections cause liver cancer. When I asked him where did he get this information, he pointed me to the Androgel brochure.

Here is a copy of it online: it's right there at the bottom of page 8, Section 5.6:

We are the walking dead then, eh brethren?

C

Cobramustangsvt

May 8, 2013
We are the walking dead then, eh brethren?

He's very steadfast in his belief. I tried talking to him and he's not going to budge. It's better for me to find someone else.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011

wow... Just wow... That is mind blowing. This jack off is seriously getting information FROM THE ANDROGEL BROCHURE? As in THE VERY SAME PEOPLE THAT WANT YOU TO USE THE GEL NOT THE INJECTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's definitely taking money. **** him. Go find a new doctor.

ajdonutz

ajdonutz

VIP Member
May 23, 2012
wow... Just wow... That is mind blowing. This jack off is seriously getting information FROM THE ANDROGEL BROCHURE? As in THE VERY SAME PEOPLE THAT WANT YOU TO USE THE GEL NOT THE INJECTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's definitely taking money. **** him. Go find a new doctor.

This to the max.. he's either all about money or he's a complete idiot. Find a new doctor. Do your best to get to a somewhat younger endocrinologist. That's your best bet. Just shop around, but seriously say **** that doctor..

creekrat

creekrat

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2012
This to the max.. he's either all about money or he's a complete idiot. Find a new doctor. Do your best to get to a somewhat younger endocrinologist. That's your best bet. Just shop around, but seriously say **** that doctor..

Most doctors are complete idiots when it comes to hrt. We are slowly getting more knowledgeable physicians who are really on their game.

Cobramustang, if you do consider the clinic route let me know. I am a rep for the forum sponsor for hrt.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic