Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Do your rep ranges for upper and lower differ?

T

TheIronWarrior

How many of you differ on your rep ranges between upper body and legs? If they do differ, why and what are your results?

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
my rep range is usually is the same. i guess it mostly depends on what one is trying to acheive. as a female, i am trying to get some extra fat off my legs and it has been suggested to me to increase my rep range to 15 reps for everything except squats. so, im going to try it. squats were still recommend to do 5x5s. i think bis and tris are better with a 12-15 rep range, small muscle group and a lot of damage can be done when one tries to lift them heavy. that bein said, i do occasionally do 4-6 reps with them. i think it just depends on personal preference and what one desire for their body and how ones body responds.

T

TheIronWarrior

my rep range is usually is the same. i guess it mostly depends on what one is trying to acheive. as a female, i am trying to get some extra fat off my legs and it has been suggested to me to increase my rep range to 15 reps for everything except squats. so, im going to try it. squats were still recommend to do 5x5s. i think bis and tris are better with a 12-15 rep range, small muscle group and a lot of damage can be done when one tries to lift them heavy. that bein said, i do occasionally do 4-6 reps with them. i think it just depends on personal preference and what one desire for their body and how ones body responds.
Agree on the personal preference side of things. But it takes some trial and error... i.e., a little time to reach the conclusions. I generally find myself mixing it up, sometimes in the same workout. The downside to that is that you never get a true sample of what range is most effective over time.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
Agree on the personal preference side of things. But it takes some trial and error... i.e., a little time to reach the conclusions. I generally find myself mixing it up, sometimes in the same workout. The downside to that is that you never get a true sample of what range is most effective over time.

this is true, i do the same thing, constantly switching it up depending on how i feel that day. i did do about 6 weeks of 10x10s, i liked it but man was it ever hard on my joints and soft tissues. sucks to be old! personally though, i cant say that i gained any strength from it.

Rein

Rein

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2010
I rarely do less than 10-12 reps for legs but for torso i do anywhere from 4-15 and sometimes even more.

hugerobb

hugerobb

VIP Strength Advisor
Sep 15, 2010
I do the same for both upper and lower 8 to 10 reps an heavy as possible

W

Wolf

MuscleHead
Dec 25, 2010
Rep ranges are usually the same. The only real difference in my rep ranges for lower body is for my core movements I stick doubles for my deadlifting and triples for any squat work and for my core upper body movements I use triples for all my benching. All my accesory work is anywhere from 8-12 rep range except some high volume stuff I throw in sometimes which is anywhere upwards of 15 reps for a two sets.

Aside from the only thing that differs immensely is obviously the volume.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic