Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Do you warm-up?

BlueDevil

BlueDevil

MuscleHead
Jul 9, 2011
Absolutely. 10min on the treadmill, some light shoulder exercises for my rotators and then warm up sets for the first lift at least.

As for stretching, I do some during to keep me loose but most of it after my workout. Never before.

BlueDevil

BlueDevil

MuscleHead
Jul 9, 2011
To the extent it matters to anyone... I usually spend about ten minutes on the treadmill before lifting and then do one warm up set of each lift I'm doing.

I wonder if some bbers don't warm up before lifting because they hate cardio and everything that goes with it?
I know I do. I force myself though, because I was told that was the "right" thing to do and now I can't get it out of my head. :)

I hate it with a passion, but if you can't walk at an elevated pace on a treadmill for just 10min then you have issues. (not you specifically, just in general)

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
i hate warm ups..i do a little but not enough like i should...I feel like im wasteing time....dw

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
I don't do a "warm-up" on a tread or ellip...I do light weight warm-up sets. However, at the one gym I go to, the locker room is downstairs, so I get my heart pumping by sprinting up the stairs to the gym :) For my other gym, I'll run from my car to the doors as fast as I can...that gets my heart pumpin'. A also do stretch somewhat. a little before, a little during, and a little after my w/o. We all have different methods, and I don't believe that 1 thing is best for everyone. I'm VERY happy with my results to date, so what I'm doing is obviously working for me :)

stretching is also good for muscle growth.....I use to be in the habbit of stretching after each set only when i would swich my training from power to strengh ....Its def a good drill to stetch those muscle as much as possible...dw

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
i do warmup sets and stretch each muscle group immediately after training them. of course i dont train at Planet Fatness so theres not an abundance of cardio equipment either...

goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011
i do one warm up set when i start a muscle group. But on leg day it is 5 minutes on treadmill at low intensity before squats to really get the blood flowing. On chest day i warm up with just the bar first pausing in all my problem spots and then do the same thing with 135 and off i go after that.

Lil Ed

Lil Ed

VIP Member
Jul 15, 2011
i do one warm up set when i start a muscle group. But on leg day it is 5 minutes on treadmill at low intensity before squats to really get the blood flowing. On chest day i warm up with just the bar first pausing in all my problem spots and then do the same thing with 135 and off i go after that.

the pausing your doing is like stretching or adding pressure to trouble areas for more blood flow to those areas?

S

soinkid

Mar 14, 2011
I always hit the stairclimber for ten then stretch before I hit the weights...usually do a warm up set before I go into it full steam

ItalianMuscle

ItalianMuscle

Drama Queen senior Vip
Sep 1, 2010
I religiously stretch every morning for 10 minutes, always before work. As for hitting the weights, I do 1 or 2 light sets, then hit it hard.

KBD

KBD

I Look Good...
Sep 13, 2010
I never stretch, just do a warm up with 2 sets of a light weight to get the blood flowin. Or ill jerk off beforehand.....

Demigod

Demigod

VIP Member
Sep 24, 2010
Never do warm-ups...I guess as I approach my mid-thirties I should think about starting.

SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011
It depends on your goals if your a Powerlifter or train for pure strength the more flexible your are the more injury prone you will be what people seem to fail at and what's most important is joint mobility.

Mayoface work is great but to think one can do Yoga and going to be squatting heavy weight well this ain't going to happen.

You can warm up with a bar, light weight, bands and all kinds of ways.

I keep my flexibility sensible to my goals.

If your into growth stretching before hand is not a good idea the idea to grow is to go stretch and damage he muscle with resistance so that food and rest will build them so if you stretch ahead of time you just lost some growth potential.

Anyone that gets under a bar straight to heavy weight is an utter idiot anyway, we need to ramp the weight so we can stabilize it!

Haven't you ever made too big a jump and missed the lift and then drop the weight and come back and get that same weight you just missed a set or 2 ago because I have many of times.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic