Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Do you use Straps?

MaxSeg

MaxSeg

MuscleHead
Aug 23, 2012
Not for deads, maybe heavy rack pulls/lockouts. Shrugs for sure.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I'm for straps, I don't think it hurts you by using them, only helps get more weight with them. I need to get a pair of leather ones though because these velvet ones are starting to burn my wrist! Sometimes that pain is awesome, but later on at work, it's a mf.
Velvet?
i don't think grip is the issue here.

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
Rarely - only when absolutely necessary.

enjoy_tren

enjoy_tren

VIP Member
Jan 7, 2014
"Straps, wraps, gloves. Whatever helps you lift more weight"-ronnie coleman

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Since power or lifting competition is not my desire . I never use Wraps and caution against them . My lifetime has been devoted to bodybuilding and combat so having strong firearms and grip not only helps my pursuits , but keeps my arm injuries at bay . Constant repetition and practice along with 30-40 years of training I punished my body but I train and live pain free. Multiple surgeries , I actually went to school for several degrees but my Physical rehab and CSCS I did mostly for myself . When you rely on wraps and belts those muscles that are wrapped actually lose strength and functionality . Use them on heavy lifts but do sets without . My strongest and most developed body part are my lats and traps that took years to bring up . Not once have I used wraps . After spine surgery I tossed my belt . I'm stronger at 49 then when I was 18. . Heavy rows , rack deads etc . Ironically people comment on my forearms . With patience can your grip adjust . Part of finding success is developing your mind to ignore distractions . Strong mind = strong body. People need to relax stop worrying and just train like madmen . Don't let anything stop you !

Z

zipbolang

TID Lady Member
Apr 18, 2015
i agree! well said..this over reliance on wraps so you can pull up more weight is nonsense...always has been since i started in the 80's..grip strength and powerful sinewy forearms are the order of the day

T

Torres

MuscleHead
Sep 16, 2013
I use straps on rare occasions !!! I actually used straps for the first time in months the other day for back .
I may use straps , but only for real heavy days !!! Good ole strong grip is the way to go.
And I also don't believe in wrist straps . Unless u really have problems w/ ur wrists, good ole strength !!!

Chirality

Chirality

Apr 25, 2015
I personally think that if my hands can't grip it, or y back needs support to pull it, I probably shouldn't be lifting it. Just a general rule of thumb for me.
I seem to still be able to pull pretty well:

youtu.be/XWA_K4SGvFU

PS put https: // in front of the link above to play. I need 20 posts to paste a link apparently lol

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic