Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Do you kick people off equipment?

KBD

KBD

I Look Good...
Sep 13, 2010
Where in the fuck did you get Bikini briefs while i was eating yogurt? I was sitting down throughout the entire video wearing a tanktop. LSD man.... Knock the dose down lol.

^^ Joking with u SAD, dont flip out on me lol.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Where in the fuck did you get Bikini briefs while i was eating yogurt? I was sitting down throughout the entire video wearing a tanktop. LSD man.... Knock the dose down lol.

They weren't covering your junk... They were on your head.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
No way. When I do my compound lifts I am there for around 30 minutes or more, and no one has ever rushed me or asked me to move on.

If something is taken I want to use I just wait.

enjoy_tren

enjoy_tren

VIP Member
Jan 7, 2014
I just get real close to them and try to have a pose off battle. They never stick around :(

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
I'll usually just ask to work in or go do something else if that's not convenient.

I train early in the morning so I rarely have any issues.

If people try to "hold" equipment by leaving a towel or water bottle on it while they go do something else I'll throw it on the floor and use the equipment anyway if I need to.

There was only one time in all my years of lifting I told a couple guys off for hogging equipment that they weren't using. It was more than 20 years ago, and I always did legs every Saturday morning. Squats, then leg press, then hams and calves. So I get there and two guys at using the only leg press machine we had, but they're doing more talking than lifting. They did a single set each while I did my squats. I asked them how many sets they had, and they were vague "A few" or something like that.

So I went and did hamstring curls and the entire time neither one of them did a set; they just stood there yapping.

So I went over again and asked if I could use the leg press and they said they were still using it. I snapped a bolt and said something along the lines of "Neither one of you has done a set in over 20 minutes, so why don't you two ladies move your tea party to the coffee shop down the street and let people that want to train use the equipment?"

They cried to the manager about me. :)

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Only time I ever had a issue is one time when some dumb ass thought he was gonna use 3 different machines to circuit train that were spread out all across the farthest corners of the gym during prime time around 6pm on a tuesday night. I seen him do a few rounds then I said fukk this im not waiting for him to do his bullshit hogging all the equipment when there is no equipment available as it is.

I jumped on the machine, do my set and this bastards comes up and says to me he was using it. I said no you weren't, he replied yes he was. At this point I go from happy to pissed off, skipped mad. As he tries to explain what he was doing I told him look around at all the fukking people waiting to use equipment and you want to Bogart 3 machines? By now my heart is triple beating, breathing getting heavy, pupils dialated, and I finally told him "if you can move me, you can have the machine back"...he just looked and walked away. Im not a asshole but cant stand people with no common sense.

This is one of the reasons I refuse to go to gym at night now.

S

SugarFree

Feb 23, 2012
If people try to "hold" equipment by leaving a towel or water bottle on it while they go do something else I'll throw it on the floor and use the equipment anyway if I need to.

^^ This. I think this is my biggest pet peeve at a public gym, people thinking they have the right to hold up multiple machines/stations. Where do people get the audacity to think they can reserve equipment that there not using at that exact moment. That would be like me reserving all the equipment I'm gonna use for the day.

Second on my list is people asking to work in and they never fail to be surprised/shocked when I say no. I dont hog extra equipment, dont take long breaks or walk away from any equipment I'm using. I'm also not willing to spend the extra time in between sets to be changing plates back and forth along with the time for others to actually do there sets.

At this point I stick with my home gym that isnt lacking in equipment. Someone to occasional spot me though is missed.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
^^ This. I think this is my biggest pet peeve at a public gym, people thinking they have the right to hold up multiple machines/stations. Where do people get the audacity to think they can reserve equipment that there not using at that exact moment.

A few years ago at a different gym than I am at now there was a dude that came in on a regular basis with a folded up newspaper and would place it on a bench with his cars keys on top, then go train elsewhere. Not even holding the equipment to use later; just using it as a shelf for his peronsal belongings.

Major dickhead move, IMHO.

S

SugarFree

Feb 23, 2012
A few years ago at a different gym than I am at now there was a dude that came in on a regular basis with a folded up newspaper and would place it on a bench with his cars keys on top, then go train elsewhere. Not even holding the equipment to use later; just using it as a shelf for his peronsal belongings.

Thats just plain inconsiderate and disrespectfull to others. I would think gyms by this point would put up some type of posted rules to dissuade this. If you walk away from the equipment then your not using it.

kov

kov

Feb 6, 2014
If I walk in and someone is training on equipment that I want to use and I see he or she is serios at what they doing I'll either ask to share it with them or warm up or do something else. But if I see the person just messing around or sometimes when they are on their mobiles i tell them too piss off

enjoy_tren

enjoy_tren

VIP Member
Jan 7, 2014

I do this when theres a lot of benchs open....put my gym bag and water jug on a bench, but im always next to it and if someone looks like they want to use it i ask them if they need it. Maybe i should reconsider....lol

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
I do this when theres a lot of benchs open....put my gym bag and water jug on a bench, but im always next to it and if someone looks like they want to use it i ask them if they need it. Maybe i should reconsider....lol

A few years ago I walked into the gym; bench day. There's two flat bench stations. Dude on one bench resting between sets watches me walk up to the other one. There are plates on the bar and a water bottle on the bench. I start stripping the plates off, he watches me for a bit then does a set. While he was doing his set I picked up the water bottle and threw it across the gym into the far corner.

After his set he got up and walked over and picked it up and carried it back to his bench. It was his and he just left it there knowing I needed to use the bench.

Never said a word to me though. LOL. :D

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic