Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Do you kick people off equipment?

arnold

arnold

Sep 9, 2010
I mean sometimes they are talking or texting or just sitting there. I at times have to ask how many u have left? we only have one pec dec, one squat rack, so it is like do your sets and beat it man! Or they do their whole routine on our only squat rack.

Or they have their water bottle and towel on the only flat bench left, but they aren't using it. How rude.

ritch

ritch

MuscleHead
Dec 4, 2011
A pisser for sure. I usually just do another exercises. Have discovered some preferences from doing this actually. But if the gym only has one piece of each equipment, not sure I would be so patient.

ritch

ritch

MuscleHead
Dec 4, 2011
but you can't do much about the person who does the whole routine in the rack. Unless the person is doing swiss ball crunches or dumbell lunges (had it hapeen before, and did politely ask them to move, they knew what I was talking about before finishing my sentence, lol, so it went well)

But beginner, especially women like to use the swill bass for abs in the cage for some reason, probably feel like they're not watched as much. But annoying to deal with...

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
I usually ask them how many sets they have left, it depends how much time I have at the gym if Ill sit and wait for a particular piece of equipment.
Honestly it better be something like the squatrack to sit and wait, that's where the curling in the squat rack types really piss me off.
Otherwise Ill find some other piece to use. Kicking someone off a machine is just gonna get you kicked out of a gym these days.

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
I don't kick anyone off but it's real tempting to at times, I'm sure I will in the future tho, u know the curl guy in the squat rack only takes him bout 5 mins anyway so it's usually just entertainment lol.... I do text and surf the net in-between sets sometimes I take 5 mins or more rest during squats for some reason nobody bothers me and I'm thankfully for that... Not that I'd give a shut anyways but I'd just let them know how many sets I have left and the time in-between sets I take.

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2011
I will do it on a case by case basis. If someone is blatantly using multiple machines/areas for obnoxious amounts of time, i'll unload their shit or just add to it and start working in. Its the only way they learn :)

rocco-x

rocco-x

MuscleHead
Sep 16, 2010
I usually ask them how many sets they have left, it depends how much time I have at the gym if Ill sit and wait for a particular piece of equipment.
Honestly it better be something like the squatrack to sit and wait, that's where the curling in the squat rack types really piss me off.
Otherwise Ill find some other piece to use. Kicking someone off a machine is just gonna get you kicked out of a gym these days.
same here.i'll ask 1st,and it's usually in the rack with some hercules doin bb curls with 5's on the bar.if it's a few more i'll wait.if it's "when i'm done." and he goes 2,3,4 minutes on his phone i just put his bar on the floor and rack my wght not even bothering to warm up.just start stackin plates on and jumping in.i have little tolerance for those with no respect for others workouts.same shit with using empty benches as a desk.hey i do it but if i see someone even walking to it i drop my set and apologize and move my jug and whatever.half these dweebs are on the phone as they flex and curl 25lb db's while on the phone in the mirror.i like to just get in,zone out and get it done then leave.don't wanna talk about the weather,who's fucking who,how much gel you own...lemme workout and leave.do your flyes,2 sets of 2rep bb flat benches and 12 sets of bi's/tri's every other night when i'm gone.

ItalianMuscle

ItalianMuscle

Drama Queen senior Vip
Sep 1, 2010
I cant stand it when people bring their phones in the gym or text while working out. Is it that important it cant wait 45min? Then they will tie up 2-3 machines and continue to work out and talk and text, and then get pissed you jump in and take their machine. This one guy in my gym is known for that. He will use 3 machines,(and talk on his phone between sets) and then get pissed when you jump in or ask him if you can use the machine. I dont even ask anymore, I told him before, he isnt going to tie up 3 machines and be on the phone at the same time. I dont have the patience, and I want to get done and go home and rest..

lymbo

lymbo

TID Lady Member
Dec 21, 2011
i cant say i have ever kicked anyone off but i have kind of got the boot...because some tool wants to work in and there is 3 of the same machines..please ok...

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
My gym is hardcore... Whenever I catch some noob squatting in my curl rack I say "Hey! Noob - The bitches don't care about your fat lookin thighs, they wanna see some pythons! So get outta my rack bitch!" And then I just stand there mean muggin the shit out of them while breathing audibly thru my mouth... Works every time!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic