Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Do you do Pullovers?

BD Cool

BD Cool

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2011
I use an old Nautilus pullover and I have never found anything that hits the back so hard.

I've always wanted to use that machine... Dorian always used that first in his back routine... I'd say it worked pretty well for him. :p

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Actually no, and maybe this is my reminder to start adding them in. When I had my shoulder injury I stopped these, well it's been healed for years now, so maybe adding in some lighter weight for a warm up would help..... We'll see

daron_e

daron_e

Mar 13, 2012
I've always wanted to use that machine... Dorian always used that first in his back routine... I'd say it worked pretty well for him.

Big Dorian fan, and thats what I thought the first time I saw it. :D

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
The best watyto do pullovers...is useing a barbell ...i call then stiff arm pullovers...when lowering the bar downward u keep your arms locked stright....This lift will def add some serious thickness to your lats and rib cage....best time to do them for me is after i do squats.dw

B

Btotherian

Jan 1, 2013
I know this thread is old, but dw, what grip do you use on the bb pullovers?

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
I work em in every few weeks

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
I do them once/week.....shoulder doesn't like them too much but it's a fantastic stretch.

Typically on a chest day after dips, it gives me a nice full stretch....also back day is typically before chest day so the stretch feels really good. I don't go too heavy though, never more than 85-90db's

USMCRabi

USMCRabi

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2012
These were one of my fav chest exercises before my shoulder injury. Now im not able to do them.

They are great for the upper chest.

R

regular

MuscleHead
May 31, 2012
Pullovers have been a part of my routine from the beginning. If you're not doing them you're missing out on a great lift. I usually use a dumbbell but we have a pull over machine at my gym. When that thing gets loaded up with weight it makes me feel like I'm going to throw up. Pullovers with heavy weight are intense.

Braw16

Braw16

MuscleHead
Aug 8, 2012
I do pullovers most of the time. I read somewhere awhile ago that you isolate the chest more when you do them on a incline. So for some time now that's what I've been doing.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic