Members
Latest Member
Ethan7400
What's New?

Do you do Pullovers?

alexschool

alexschool

Sep 12, 2010
Anyone here a fan of pullovers? They were one of Arnold's favorites and I worked em into my chest routine tonight. But I don't think I really liked . I'm fairly certain my form was good but not sure cause I seemed to feel it more in the back. Can't say I've ever seen anyone in a gym performing pullovers so I was wondering if anyone here does?

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
Ought to but don't. Good reminder though.

Did you drop your ass way low? Sometime that stretch, by being something you are not used to, makes the back feel less than good.

Or are you talking about your lats? Cuz though the movement stretches the ribcage and works your pecs some the main mover is your lats. To me it is a lat exercise that works the whole upper body, shoulder girdle, pecs. But it is a compound movement with lats as your main motive power.

Are you doing it with a bar or dumbell? How bent are your arms?

Fish77

Fish77

VIP Member
Dec 24, 2010
I do them, but also never see anyone doing them.

Last edited:
P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
thanks for the reminder! I never see anybody doing this excercise these days.

Dangling Unit

Dangling Unit

MuscleHead
Jan 2, 2011
I do them. They're a back exercise until you reach a point above your head, then it goes to chest. The dumbbells weren't heavy enough, so I do them with a cable, set low. This also keeps tension throughout the move.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I love these and usually do them as a warm up for shoulders or chest, really loosen everything up nicely for me.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
I do them and LOVE them. Because I do a upper/lower split, they work perfect. Little bit of back and little chest. The stretch is nice all around and a great lead in to some tri work.

Just read an article somewhere about muscle activation increasing on exercises with a stretch at the bottom. I'll have to see if I can find it...but pullovers are a great one for sure.

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
when i had more time to spare, dumbbell pullovers a la' arnold were a staple! do them religiously and you will be rewarded with a huge ribcage! stick with it, 12-15 reps and concentrate on pulling the 'bell over with your serratus,weight is not important as your concentration.

daron_e

daron_e

Mar 13, 2012
I use an old Nautilus pullover and I have never found anything that hits the back so hard.

ritch

ritch

MuscleHead
Dec 4, 2011
I use an old Nautilus pullover and I have never found anything that hits the back so hard.

that's what my gym has, top of the line nautilus stuff and this machine delivers great for back width.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011

Ha! Back in the day, the gym I worked out at had one and I remember it was one of my favorites. Boy you could really extend the ROM and not have the weight come off at the end. It was really nice. Brought back some good memories!

I workout at home now....so it is just dumbells, and barbells, for me now....now machines except for a few cable machines.

YAMAHA147

YAMAHA147

MuscleHead
Feb 23, 2012
Funny you mention this. There was a buddy of mine doing them today when i walked into the gym and I ended up hittin them up myself. First time in a couple months

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic