Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh

Do you do Klokov Press

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
I do seated barbell presses behind the neck. Is that what we are talking about here?

20 years ago I moved stupid weight, but the best I have done lately is 190 for a single last week.

Here's a vid from earlier this year @ 185.

Last edited by a moderator:
R

RussianBear

Oct 29, 2013
I love the Klokov press. Works shoulder mobility and internal rotation. I can hit 215 on it, I've been doing it for about 6 months. Working doubles or triples will blow it up, singles haven't helped as much.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I do seated barbell presses behind the neck. Is that what we are talking about here?

20 years ago I moved stupid weight, but the best I have done lately is 190 for a single last week.

Here's a vid from earlier this year @ 185.

Nope. Seated behind the neck press isn't a Klokov Press.

Last edited by a moderator:
alpha

alpha

VIP Member
May 1, 2012
It seems that Koklov Presses are being confused for behind the neck presses in this thread. Maybe not by all, but certainly some of you are using the terms interchangeably.

A behind the neck press is just like an overhead press from the chest, except it is done from behind the head instead of in front.

A Koklov Press is done with a wide snatch grip, but it is not completed by pushing up. It is completed by trying to pull the bar apart and rotating your scapulars inwards and down. Think of the bar as a band and you are merely trying to stretch the band out until your elbows are straight. The emphasis is most assuredly on the rotation of the shoulder girdle, scapulars, and the flexing of the rear delts and triceps.

There is a huge difference between the two in terms of how much weight can be used and shoulder health. In my opinion, behind the neck presses can be, and often are, dangerous and ill-advised. Koklov presses, on the other hand, have been a staple for me since starting Brandon Lilly's Cube Method. My shoulders feel healthier now while handling more weight than ever.

beat me to it

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
If some of you like to perform Klokov Presses, you should give a Sott's Press a try. It's geared towards Oly lifters (it's an Oly assisting lift) but I see more and more PLers performing Oly assisting lifts. There beginning to realize how much they carryover Oly assisting lifts have to the big 3.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
Can someone post a decent vid of one?

I did a search on youtube and there is all kinds of crap on there, hence my own confusion.

Thanks in advance...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic