Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh

Do you do Klokov Press

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
Just wondering how many of you guys are doing Klokov Press and what kind of numbers people are putting up? It's a pretty humbling lift for me I have a little goal of hitting 225lb on it, Its a new new movement for me but I like it.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Did Klokov Presses in the past. Another Oly assisting lift you may want to try are Bradford Presses.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Klokov and Bradford preses are both great ~ and both tough.

I'd be embarrassed to write my numbers up lol.

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
I haven't done Bradford presses I'll give them a try, they look pretty hard as well.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Be sure to work on your shoulder mobility since you're gonna be doing these.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Be sure to work on your shoulder mobility since you're gonna be doing these.
Broomstick rotations (wide hand placement, transferring from in front of hips to behind your back). Doing these will help, start off with a smaller ROM than that if you haven't done them before though.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Broomstick rotations (wide hand placement, transferring from in front of hips to behind your back). Doing these will help, start off with a smaller ROM than that if you haven't done them before though.

Those are great and a staple in my prehab routine. Wall angels are also good.

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
BI I just googled them and tried them in the living room, wow thats ridiculous how well that works. On video it looked like there was nothing to it. These are going in the routine for sure! I'm always in need on prehab tips. I'm glad I found a forum you are on again brother!

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
I haven't done Bradford presses I'll give them a try, they look pretty hard as well.
They are, be prepared to clip the back of your head with the bar the first few times you try them lol.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
These and Savickas presses have done pretty well for me..... but I rarely use much weight in these.

As a powerlifter I am looking to keep my shoulders healthy for benching, and not really trying to build my overhead press.

I've pushed 365 overhead for a strict press, 225 tops for Savickas and 135 for Klokov. Usually it's lighter than that though.

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
Today was overhead. I did both presses with the bar and wall angels during my warm up today then did my press work and went back to Klokov's for sets of ten with medium weight. Shoulders felt great throughout.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic