Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom

Do any of you fellow powerlifters worry about your physique?

arnold

arnold

Sep 9, 2010
Sometimes I obsess about looking good and I want to lose weight so my abs will show, but when I try to cut I get weaker.

Growinboy

Growinboy

MuscleHead
Sep 25, 2010
I did BBing workouts for years before doing power seriously so I have a pretty solid physique already... Im usually one of the better built guys at my meets... My abs are barely visible but girls are throwing themselves at me constantly so I must be looking okay... Im not cutting SHIT if it causes my strength to drop... Im nationally ranked as a PLer, but would barely place at a local BB show- gotta go with your strengths!

hugerobb

hugerobb

VIP Strength Advisor
Sep 15, 2010
no never worry about it Im into being big and for my abs hard as a rock dont care if you can see them not my problem Im 6'6 340 pounds of solid mass and that all I care about

PozzSka

PozzSka

Sep 15, 2010
Growing up as the fat kid, being teased, and picked on in middle school, sometimes I do have moments of insecurity...however, my rational adult brain tells me that noone freakin' cares what you look like...also, my wife likes when I'm heavier. At 6'6" when I'm only 240 or so, I'm relatively thin, so she likes when I'm cuddly. I still do cardio and stay in good shape, but I don't worry about being "lean."

Also, my "stamina" is better when bulking and heavier.

G

GORILLA29

Nov 29, 2010
As long as my wife lets me sleep with her, I really dont care......

J

jute

Dec 22, 2010
I like to have a good looking body.. Im actually stronger when Im leaner

any1uno

any1uno

MuscleHead
Dec 22, 2010
My two cents...I'm not a BBer. I don't train to look pretty in posing briefs..in fact won't be caught dead in them! I train for strength. I have to admit..that at times it wouldn't be a bad thing to have abs..instead of AB! I'm not obese looking and do look like I lift. Just not the pretty BBer type!

Of course...if it would get me laid a bit more..may have to change my thoughts!!!!! Nope..can't do it!!!!

Fish77

Fish77

VIP Member
Dec 24, 2010
I have to wear a shirt and tie at work, and so I try to keep my waist smaller than my shoulders. That is about it. That and my Deads go better if I keep my belly out the way. ;)

I us a bike as my only transport, and that is all the cardio I do. Helping my brother in the final month before bb shows, taught me I would never be doing one. I like food and water.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
My two cents...I'm not a BBer. I don't train to look pretty in posing briefs..in fact won't be caught dead in them! I train for strength. I have to admit..that at times it wouldn't be a bad thing to have abs..instead of AB! I'm not obese looking and do look like I lift. Just not the pretty BBer type!

Of course...if it would get me laid a bit more..may have to change my thoughts!!!!! Nope..can't do it!!!!

Took the words right out of my mouth, including the getting laid part :)

W

Wolf

MuscleHead
Dec 25, 2010
For me it's a matter of efficiency and weight class. I started powerlifting this year after a long lay off from any lifting and with some nagging non weightlifting problems in my shoulder and shins. I started a 5x5 program on a cut, put on a ton of strength and lost a good amount of fat during the training.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic