Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Dnp newbie ; Need some advice please

B

blackandgold

Mar 15, 2014
Ok, so I'm a female who lifts and has a higher b/f than I like....I also have hashimotos thyroiditis (an autoimmune thyroid disease , hypothyroid) I'm basically a puffy , fat , hot women from hashimotos. I'm on day 4 of 250/ed. So far I feel fine, just a little extra sweaty when tryin to work out. I have about 30-45 lbs to lose...however Its best for me to stick to paleo due to my Hashi's...except I love my rice! Its extremely hard for me to lose weight and stick to eating perfectly , I have developed a sweeth tooth ..ever since quitting smoking 4 yrs ago...So during my dnp cycle
I must learn to eat paleo and not cheat...here's some of my questions:
1) is it ok to eat at about a 20% calorie deficit ..like..1600 ?
2) Will eating more, like at maintenance help me lose fat quicker?
I want to do this right and lose as much fat as I can , I am also upping cardio, - and doing much ligher weights , as I have a decent amount of muscle already. I am so happy because its like dnp is working against the hashis, I am losing fat, I'm not retaining water like I usually do (legs,ankles,face,and hands) and after eating a small meal I used to get so full and then bloated, now its like it gets digested much more quickly...I am going to weigh after 1 week.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
If you are taking 250mg (assumed crystal) it should cause a 20% calorie deficit on it's own. So you going with a 1600 calorie diet is more like 1,280 calories a day to your body. Eating more or less will be calories in/calories out, I find no matter what I eat DNP works, high carb, low car, no car, high fat, low fat, moderation, I have really seen no difference with the DNP besides when I have went keto and then the weight loss was quicker but I had less energy due to DNP and no carbs.

On day 4 I doubt you are seeing any results yet, you will also retain water on DNP and weighing yourself after a week will not show much of a change.

Is this your first try with it? What are your plans on the cycle, lenth, strength etc?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
As the DNP cranks up you're going to find the cardio is harder to do. Reality is with DNP, pretty much no matter what you do, you will lose fat. I like my DNP stacked with cake. Except the cake makes me hotter and increases the misery which makes me want to eat more cake to drown my sorrows. Which makes the heat worse. Vicious cycle.

B

blackandgold

Mar 15, 2014
lizardking, thank you, I know most people can eat whatever they want , but like I said my metabolism is so slow from my health issue. Also I NEED to chill on sugar , as sugar make hashis flare up I really am seeing something, its probably water loss, as Im so used to be bloated in my tummy almost always..I am just weighing to see whats going on, I know the real results will come days after the cycle is done I got 250 mg/50 tabs of crystal, and I was planning on taking them for 50 days , but after doing research I may take a break , im not sure but Im in Florida and its very hot here during summer! I want to lose a good amount of fat by JUne (sons graduating) Yes this is my first cycle .

B

blackandgold

Mar 15, 2014
pillarofbalance, thanks for replying, I am not a big cardio fan, and I read with dnp its going to be tough to do, I dont want to eat cake( its a weakness of mine) because like I told Lizard, sugar , wheat etc flares my hashi's and wont help me in the long run to KEEP a good diet going , I cant have "just one" peice of cake or cookie , Im like a sugarholic, seriously. I will do circuit training, and lots of walking , to help burn the fat!

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
You say you have dnp tabs. You mean caps right?

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
I am not a big cardio fan

You need to change your outlook and determination if you've got 45lbs to lose based on what you said here.. DNP isn't for amateurs.

be careful.

B

blackandgold

Mar 15, 2014
Pillarofbalance, yes they are yellow caps
Uphillclimb, I am not an amatuer..I have been active my whole life ..the last 3 yrs its been weights mostly, hiit, and circuit training...I meant cardio is not my fave thing , I still do it though....I'm very determined, but I have my thyroid working against me all the time, if you dnt have hypo or hashimotos you don't get it.. I've been trying to lose fat for 3 yrs , my youngest child is 3 ... My husband is a bodybuilder, so he suggested it.its from a very good source that gets mentioned on here a lot..he told me to check out this forum and mentioned his name , I did in my intro. I appreciate your concern though.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
first off, good luck on your dnp cycle. while dnp is to be respected, there is no reason to fear it. Just use your head, and at 250mg/day you'll be just fine. I've run dnp before on low carb diet, and it works well. I would not attempt to restrict your caloreis too much. If you feel like crap on 1600 cals/day, up them to 1800 and see how you feel. make sure you're getting enough fat in your diet. when i up my fat calories, I feel less hungry and that's important to my success. a hungry TG2 is a grumpy TG2.

keep the fluids high, and let's see how it goes! plesae give us updates, I'm interested to see your progress.

B

blackandgold

Mar 15, 2014
Thank you for the advice! I've been drinking a bunch of water, and started sweating bullets , the high in Florida was only 81 f and I felt like it was 100, I'm going to focus more on my diet this week as last week had a bit too much carbs. I will post pics later , and can visibly see my waist and atms have lost fat , but only about 1 lb loss on the scale the first week, which is fine because I can see changes and its probably water retention going on . I eat healtghy fats daily like avocado , virgin olive and coconut oil in moderation. I know its gonna get very humid here by May and I want to just take 50 caps straight until gone..I want to lose weight before summer as any women wokd want to, is that safe or ok to take 250/ for 50 days? I think I may start a journal on here ....to keep myself accountable

B

boileaupa

Dec 11, 2011
You should definitely not use DNP. This is a hardcore supplement that does NOT accelerate metabolism in the regular sense like T3, ephredin, anabolics, etc. You should correct your thyroid hormone situation & lose weight with other means first.

My 2 cents.

Philippe-André Boileau
chemist

B

blackandgold

Mar 15, 2014
boileupa...I did try other means first...from vegan to more calories to less...(and exercise was always there). You dont correct Hashimotos..its an autoimmune disease..even docs dont know how to treat it but with synthetic T4..he wont even give me the natural kind (T4 & T3 combined) we all have our 2 cents..but we ll must make decisions we think is best for us at the time...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic