Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

DNP and thyroid

T

thehulk

VIP Member
Nov 16, 2022
DNP temporarily stops conversions of T4 to T3, if you examine the side effects of DNP they closely match those of hypothyroidism. This is simple, I don't think you know what you are talking about.
Correct. I don’t know what I’m talking about. My post outlines how in a rat study DNP reduced serum thyroid levels, which is the basis of your argument. The authors of the study I linked cited deiodination of T4 along with several other potential mechanisms in which DNP may reduce thyroid levels. But, despite all that, I’m still calling bullshit that the theory even matters.

Plenty of people run (including myself) DNP w/o T3 for a myriad of reasons, chiefly that it doesn’t seem to do much, often makes users feel worse, and concerns about catabolism induced by T3.

Your comment that “the side effects of DNP they closely match those of hypothyroidism” is one of the most ignorant things I’ve ever read posted in an online forum. Yeah, because DNP users are known for feeling cold and gaining weight.

LOL, newb.

T

thehulk

VIP Member
Nov 16, 2022
Here’s the issue with the DNP and Thyroid…thyroid is incredibly complicated and regulated by a feedback loop. T4 conversion isn’t the only source for the stuff as your pituitary gland can make it at a much lower rate under normal circumstances. But nothing about DNP is normal. Without blood tests showing elevated TSH and low T3 and/or T4…calling bullshit on the theory.

You know what else can lower thyroid hormone levels? Dieting. Someone got a hold of a rat study and said look DNP *stops* T4 to T3 conversion, and it’s been repeated for twenty years….despite zero clinical data.

Any number of reasons you could be fatigued from the exhaustion of your body trying to produce enough ATP and/or reduced oxygen saturation caused by DNP. The water weight could very well be explained from an increase in cortisol levels -> I pulled that out of my ass but it’s possible.

Im not an endo, but this isn’t a question that can be answered without an individuals blood work and even then there could be other reasons for lower thyroid levels (e.g. diet) and entirely unrelated causes of water retention while ingesting something like DNP. Suffice it to say, there is no plausible way to answer this question without a modern clinical trial for DNP and unfortunately that ain’t never gonna happen.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic