Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

DNP and DIET questions (currently on KETO)

goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011
i am a bit confused... maybe you guys can help me out on DNP dieting.

I think i have read every article on the net about DNP now. A few people told me they were doing a keto diet on dnp without any issues aside from cravings. EVERYTHING i have read says no freaking way to keto, just the 3 days before hand.

I am on keto right now. I assume i should switch my diet around a bit. I was thinking of adding fruits throughout the day as needed (pineapple and blueberry) and 1 can of v8 a day? i am down to around 1800 cals a day now, that ok to keep with or do i need to add more for this? Was also going to run 50mcg of T3 a day while on this.

Next major question:

starting 2 days post DNP, should i use this as an opportunity to move back to a 40\40\20 or 50\30\20 style diet? will i have less risk of the carb\fat rebound if i do it this way as opposed to the normal way of easing back to carbs like just pre and post WO for a week, then introduce oatmeal with breakfast for a week and kick it up slowly.....or just stick with the keto for a few more weeks after DNP?

Planning to run the crystal ver at 250 per day for hopefully 30 days if i can...

my current diet:
MEAL #1
4 whole omega3 eggs cooked in macadamia nut oil
MEAL #2
4oz chicken with 1/3-cup almonds or walnuts
MEAL #3
4oz chicken with ½ tbsp. natty PB
MEAL #4
SHAKE: 50g Whey Protein with 1\2 tablespoon natty PB
MEAL #5
8oz Salmon or RED MEAT with a green salad(4 cups of the fancy mixed lettuce and one cup of spinach) with 1 tablespoon of Macadamia nut oil and apple cider vinegar

fish and EPO oil scattered throughout the day.

jdjack

jdjack

MuscleHead
Sep 22, 2010
Here's my exp. I've done it w/ a keto, eating complex carbs, and piggish (lol). The keto gave me fewer loss of fat and not as hot (there may be a correlation but I don't know). The complex carbs was ok, heat was there more than keto, but not that crazy of fat loss either. The piggish diet was honestly the best (sounds crazy I know). I ate simple sugars and tried to get as hot as possible, and drink as much water as possible. I drank tons of water (like 3+ gallons) every day and added a V8 to keep electrolites and vitamins in me. It was hell but finished the 2 weeker.

Oh and I was on vacation at this point or I would have looked rediculous.

Seabass

Seabass

Feb 19, 2011
Are you saying a DNP diet includes lots of simple carbs? I tried the complex carb (oatmeal) w/ high protein diet and got almost nothing out of DNP.

How about a skim-milk-heavy diet on DNP?

jdjack

jdjack

MuscleHead
Sep 22, 2010
Actually what I'm saying is that the worst diet w/ it gave me the best gains. This is MY experience. I'd hope more choose to chime in on their's.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Well as I told ya goldy, I didn't go keto on DNP but I did restrict carbs to fruits for the most part and some whole oats in my egg whites. I did a V8 daily as well with close to 2 gallons of water. Also before bed had my cottage cheese with some fruit. I found that the higher carbs would set me on fire, especially with the powder DNP. A large low carb meal wasn't that bad but a sandwich from Subway between the bread and the jalapenos would be a burner.
As far as weight loss, I didn't notice much of a difference between low carb or more carb, just the heat.

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
Well I have 3 days left followed keto for a few days however I had to add fruit to the diet so I could work during the day. Im going to move to 750 mg for the next 3 days and eat everything in sight until 6 pm. The weekend is here and this is the best time to try it. The nights are difficult and probably going to get worse the next 3 days however I want to see how eating more carbs works.

goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011
I have been finding a lot of good info on keto and its relationship to DNP and overall dietary habits on meso and rxmuscle by a guy named Conciliator. my basic understanding at this point is keto is fine, but you are going to drag ass, add carbs to feel better.

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
I have been finding a lot of good info on keto and its relationship to DNP and overall dietary habits on meso and rxmuscle by a guy named Conciliator. my basic understanding at this point is keto is fine, but you are going to drag ass, add carbs to feel better.

I havent done it but heard the same from other users, no carbs, they would feel tired and lethargic as hell.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Conciliator has some great posts, I believe he is on a few other boards if you do a search on his name. ECA really helped during all of my DNP cycles, kept me going.
Admin, if you eat everything in sight @750 it's gonna get hot!

Dangling Unit

Dangling Unit

MuscleHead
Jan 2, 2011
I did keto the days preceeding my first cycle and watched what I ate, and the second, I just ate whatever. I, too, saw more fat loss when I ate more carbs, simple or complex. I learned to eat fast, then get outside, where it was 20-degrees, before the heat kicked in. It's quite uncomfortable.

goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011
So your saying keep to clean fats but add carbohydrates as much as I can tolerate?

chicken_hawk

chicken_hawk

MuscleHead
Oct 28, 2010
I prefer a 40-30-30 diet and take my DNP at night to avoid the lethargy that follows. Keto alone kicks my ass no matter with DNP.

Hawk

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic