• 45 minute cycle
Pull:
  • Wide grip pull-up 3 x to failure
  • Single arm pull-down 3 x 6-8
  • Chest supported T-bar 2 x 8
  • Plate loaded high row 2 x 8
  • Alternate DB curl 3 x 10
  • Preacher 2 x triple drop set
Some bands/mobility before training too.

I was supposed to go on a hike today but it got called off due to unreliable members in the group. I thought screw this, I’m not relying on others today, so I went and trained alone. I think I get my best and most consistent periods of training by myself now I think about it as I’m able to do what suits me and not be confined to other people’s schedules etc.

Going to go out on my bike for a bit of extra cardio if the weather permits. Looks gloomy at the moment so we’ll see.

DLTBB

DLTBB

Aug 30, 2022
7th November

Cardio:

• N/A
Legs:
  • Plate-loaded front squat 5 x 6-8
  • Single leg extension 3 x 8-10 and one triple drop set (obscene)
  • Sissy squat 3 x failure
  • Standing calf raise superset seated calf raise 2 rounds
First exercise chewed us up and spat us out. Drop set on leg extension added insult to injury. Didn’t have the energy left to do any direct hamstring work. No cardio as we were a little pressed for time.

Due an early night tonight as I’m very tired. The winter months and the shorter days always seem to take it out of me. Will try to weave an extra rest day in this week.

Still trying to decide on what to run when I stop this cruise. Might just run 500-600mg Test by itself, simple and effective, but we’ll see. I change my mind daily.

DLTBB

DLTBB

Aug 30, 2022
8th November

Cardio:

• 25 minutes stationary bike 150BPM
Push:
  • Incline DB press 3 x 8-10 (top set 130’s)
  • Pec-deck 3 x 8-10
  • Seated BB press 3 x 6
  • Seated cable Y raise 3 x 10
  • Machine close grip press and rope push-down superset 3 rounds
Solid session. Trained with the big bodybuilder fella who cracked the 150’s out for his top set on incline which was frustrating. Can’t win ‘em all.

This isn’t bad stuff to satisfy the sweet tooth FYI. From Aldi.

P.S. I shaved my beard off today. I had been growing it for a couple of months. I look about 18 now.

DLTBB

DLTBB

Aug 30, 2022
9th November

Cardio:

• 25 minutes stationary bike 150BPM
Pull:
  • Weighted wide grip pull-ups 3 x 6-8
  • Bent over BB row 2 x 6 - Abandoned as lower back still tender from leg day
  • Seated cable row 2 x 8
  • Single straight arm pull-down 3 x 8-10
  • EZ curl and DB hammer superset 3 rounds 8-12 rep range
  • Cable preacher 1 triple drop set
Lower back and glutes are still battered from legs earlier this week so BOR was a no-go. Having a rest day tomorrow and might have to abandon Friday’s leg session as I’m potentially hiking on Sat and can’t afford for legs to be sore.

DLTBB

DLTBB

Aug 30, 2022
1 session ahead of where I had planned for the week and had some spare time so cycled to the gym and did a high volume/pump focused shoulder and triceps day. Still getting great pumps and holding nice fullness for almost 3 months in to cruise.

DLTBB

DLTBB

Aug 30, 2022
Resting today. Looking forward to it actually, it’s definitely needed. Will be waking up at ~4AM for my hike so want to make sure I feel as fresh as possible. It’s been like 3 weeks since my last mountain, hopefully I don’t feel rusty.

Snachito1

Snachito1

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2018
Whoa!! Those are some awesome pics!! Right now I'm dealing with some Vertigo issues, so the highest thing I'm climbing is into bed!!

DLTBB

DLTBB

Aug 30, 2022
Whoa!! Those are some awesome pics!! Right now I'm dealing with some Vertigo issues, so the highest thing I'm climbing is into bed!!
It was a fun time. But yeah some of the climbing and walking along the ridges wasn’t for the faint hearted!

DLTBB

DLTBB

Aug 30, 2022
13th November

Cardio:

• N/A - A little sore around the lower back and knees. Will be going for a big walk with the dog later though!
Push:
  • Plate loaded incline 3 x 6-8
  • Decline fly 3 x 8-12
  • Machine seated press 3 x 6-8
  • Cable Y raise superset with cable rears 3 rounds
  • Cross body triceps 3 x 10-12
I was due to train legs but it would have been a lacklustre session as my lower back and knees are pretty sore from yesterday’s hike. No cardio in the gym either, but I will be going out for a big walk with my Mrs and the dog later on. Will also do a mobility session this evening. The extra mobility/flexibility helped so much yesterday, I was pain free for the whole walk whereas previously my shins and lower back would be in excruciating pain very early on. Definitely keeping this up and advise others to jump on the bandwagon with it.

Yesterday turned out to be an expensive day, the sole is hanging off my boot and the lens on my 360 camera is scuffed. I’ll need new shoes and I’ll have to send the camera back to the manufacturer and pay for the repair.

DLTBB

DLTBB

Aug 30, 2022
Did another walk today. Covered about 5 miles. My knees and ankles didn’t feel up to it but I had promised my girlfriend that I’d go with her and the dog so had to get it done. Climbed up a cool tower and got a nice view, that’s Manchester in the distance. She tried a bit of basic scrambling too and enjoyed it - she was gassed after a few minutes though, bless her. Rewarded myself with a nice roast dinner and sticky toffee pudding afterwards, solid 9/10. We have tomorrow booked off work, thank God - I’m still exhausted from yesterday.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic