27th September

Cardio:

• N/A
Legs:
  • SSB Squat 3 x 6
  • Single leg curl 3 x 10
  • Single leg extension 3 x 10
  • Standing calf raise 5 x 10-15
Pathetic session. Felt drained throughout the day and was ready to take the day off but my mate convinced me to go. Total waste of time, didn’t manage a single productive set. Basically went through the motions in 35-40 minutes and called it a day.

Definitely taking tomorrow off. If you see me make a log entry about a workout tomorrow, I give you permission to report me and for the moderators to give me a one week ban.

Birthday is on Thursday, I’ve booked Thursday and Friday off work so I’ll get back in the gym early Thursday afternoon after a good rest.

Bath, wholesome food and an early night (if I don’t wake up gasping for air) tonight.

DLTBB

DLTBB

Aug 30, 2022
I got a call with a new date for my colonoscopy. 10th of October. They've booked me in to a private clinic rather than doing it at the local hospital so they are able to get through their backlog faster. Sounds positive and will likely have better facilities/more attentive staff. Good news!

DLTBB

DLTBB

Aug 30, 2022
31st birthday today fellas. Got the day off work. Did an early workout at the gym, went off plan and trained arms as a treat to myself. Going to visit family and then booked in for a meal with my Mrs later on at one of my favourite spots to eat. Feeling good. ☺️

DLTBB

DLTBB

Aug 30, 2022
30th September

Cardio:

• N/A
Push:
  • Pec-deck pyramid up to 3 sets 6-8 reps
  • Plate loaded incline pyramid up to 3 sets 5-8 reps
  • Plate loaded lateral raise machine pyramid up to 3 sets 8-12 reps
  • Plate loaded seated press pyramid up to 3 sets 5-8 reps
  • Cross body triceps pushdown 3 x 10-12
  • Rope extension 3 x 10-12
Did a chest isolation exercise first because other equipment was busy, actually felt my pressing sets engaging way more afterwards.

My birthday was really good. A mate of mine is a manager at The Ivy so he was able to get us in for drinks and had an awesome mixologist make us anything we wanted for a couple of hours. Didn’t charge us a penny either, I just slipped the fella at the bar a tip with a secret handshake afterwards. Went to Dishoom for a meal which is Bombay inspired food. I loved it but my Mrs can’t handle spice so she didn’t eat much. Service there is always spot on.

The spice and oil did a number on my stomach, was a minute or so away from shitting my pants but managed to make an emergency pit stop and use a pub toilet this morning.

DLTBB

DLTBB

Aug 30, 2022
1st October

Cardio:

• 30 minutes cycle
Pull:
  • Wide grip pull-down machine pyramid up to 3 sets of 6-8
  • Iliac pull-down pyramid up to 3 sets of 6-8
  • Chest supported row pyramid up to 3 sets of 6-8
  • Cable upright row 4 x 12
  • Single cable preacher 3 x 10-12
  • Single cable curl 3 x 10-12
Feeling great today and still managing to hit some weight or rep PRs on working sets 6 weeks in to my cruise.

Taking it easy for the rest of the day as I have to be up and ready to leave at 2:30AM to drive to the Lake District to start the walk up Helvellyn so we’re up towards the summit for sunrise. Will take the 360 camera so will hopefully catch some good videos.

DLTBB

DLTBB

Aug 30, 2022
Epic hike today. Woke up at 2AM, left at 3AM, started the walk at 5AM and hit the summit of Helvellyn just after 7AM. Had to wear a head torch for the walk up as it was still pitch black outside. Couldn’t see a thing from the summit but as soon as we started to climb down the ridge the sky cleared and we had an amazing view of the sunrise. Really good walk with some nice scrambling. Burned 1,500+ calories.

DLTBB

DLTBB

Aug 30, 2022
Mrs decided she wanted to take the dog out for a big walk as soon as I got back from my hike so went out almost immediately and covered another 6KM. Had 25,000 steps ticked off by 4PM. Most of which was uphill earlier today (177 floors climbed this morning apparently). Must’ve burned mega calories today. Trying to locate a pub for a humongous Sunday dinner as we speak.

DLTBB

DLTBB

Aug 30, 2022
Quite surprised but the only pain I'm in today is a little bit of DOMS in my calves and some tenderness around the ankle joint. I thought I'd have been a write off for a few days, must be getting used to the longer walks and uphill sections. I'm due to train legs tonight but I'll only bother going ahead with it if I'm feeling 90%+ by that point. If not, I'll sub a push day in and have an extra day before hitting legs. But seems promising so far.

DLTBB

DLTBB

Aug 30, 2022
3rd October

Cardio:

• N/A
Push:
  • Incline Hammer Strength 3 x 6-8 (up to 77.5KG each side)
  • Seated Hammer Strength 3 x 6-8 (up to 67.5KG each side)
  • Cable fly 3 x 10-12
  • Cable rear delt fly 3 x 10-12
  • Crossbody cable push-down and overhead cable extension superset 3 rounds to failure
Attempted to train legs but knees felt shaky and unstable from all the steps and load bearing yesterday. Would’ve been a waste of a session.

F*cked up story of the day:

Received this message earlier from a random on Instagram.

Somebody has made a profile using my pictures and talking to this girl for months. The profile spans back YEARS. They even tag their ‘friends’ in posts which have more fake pictures of me with my friends. They have Snapchat with a score of 28,000! The only reason she found me is because she got suspicious and had her friend reverse image search some of my pics and one linked to the article about my arrest. The girl is crushed because she really liked the guy, absolutely wild.

Working on extracting some of the 360 footage. Preview below.

DLTBB

DLTBB

Aug 30, 2022
4th October

Cardio:

• 15 minutes stationary bike 150BPM
Pull:
  • Single arm pull-down pyramid up to 3 sets of 6-8
  • Plate loaded low row pyramid up to 3 sets of 4-8
  • Bent over row pyramid up to 3 sets of 6-8
  • Cable upright row 3 x 10-12
  • Cable curl 3 x 10-12
  • DB hammer curl 3 x 10-12
Had painful pumps in my forearms which restricted me a little this session. Not sure why. Still a little tired from the hike but almost back to normal, should be able to resume with legs as normal tomorrow. Done some stretching today to loosen up.

Still haven’t identified the catfish. I have the mobile number they used to contact the girl which links to a Vodafone voicemail. I’m trying to find a friend or a friend of a friend who works there so I can see who it’s registered to. Genuinely interested to see who could keep up such a charade for so long. They had pictures of me on their profile that I can’t even remember posting anywhere.

DLTBB

DLTBB

Aug 30, 2022
The catfish came forward with on anonymous explanation and apology. He messaged me on UG-B of all places. Basically said he started the Tinder account as a social experiment years ago and had a lot of shit going on IRL so would log into it as an escape. I asked how he’d been getting pictures from my personal IG profile and he’d set up 2 fake accounts which I’d allowed to follow me and was saving everything I posted. He said he’s deleted everything associated with it now and apologised to me. I’ve also asked him to apologise to the girls he’s lead on. Funny place, the internet.

DLTBB

DLTBB

Aug 30, 2022
5th October

Cardio:

• 15 minutes stationary bike 150BPM
Legs:
  • Barbell front squat pyramid up to 3 sets of 6-8
  • Pendulum squat pyramid up to 3 sets of 4-8
  • DB SLDL pyramid up to 3 sets of 6-8
  • Lying leg curl 3 x 10-12
  • Single leg extension 3 x 10-12
  • Standing calf raise 6 x 10-15
Decent day overall. Successful day at work, felt energetic, good workout and brought an end to the catfish saga (he’s probably reading this right now, hi mate).

Anyway, me and my mate are proper addicted to the mountain walks at the minute. That’s what I’m like. Whenever I find something I enjoy doing, I get hooked on it. I have the day off on Friday as I’m travelling away for a weekend away with my Mrs in the afternoon and he works for himself, so we’re going to arrange another sunrise walk. It won’t be as high or as hectic as the last one because we’ll be on pretty limited time but we should be able to complete a decent 600-650M in the Peak District. Looking forward to it.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic