Arms:
  • Preacher curl 15, 12, 10, 8 & 1 triple drop set
  • Seated incline DB curl 3 x 8-10
  • Pinwheel curl 3 x 6
  • Dip 3 x failure
  • Single arm cable pushdown 12, 10, 8, 6
  • DB skull crusher 3 x 12
  • Rope pushdown 1 triple drop set
High volume and pretty pump based to see out the last of my bro split sessions. Next week it’s back to 2 x PPL with lower volume and back to the log book. The bro split has been nice and a cool change of pace but ultimately I’m going to make more progress nailing down the progressive overload, even if I don’t get a gnarly pump.

DLTBB

DLTBB

Aug 30, 2022
My arms are completely fried today. I could barely lift my arm to shave this afternoon. Today’s a rest day in preparation for walking up a mountain tomorrow morning. My mate is picking me up at 6AM and we’ll arrive for 8AM to get started. Going to charge my watch tonight so I can get some data on heart rate during the walk etc. as this is my first mountain and I’m interested to see how my cardio holds up.

DLTBB

DLTBB

Aug 30, 2022
Tryfan completed, fellas. It was tough. Even though I do a lot of incline treadmill walking, it’s a lot different when every step you’re taking is unpredictable. There was a good portion of scrambling for the final quarter of the walk too. The big rocks at the top are called Adam and Eve. A lot of people jump between the two but I didn’t trust my footing enough by that point and it suddenly felt ten times higher when I was on that rock. Made it down okay but I managed to rip the arse of my pants because I was butt-sliding down jagged rocks. Glad I went with proper walking shoes rather than regular trainers or I’d have snapped my ankle several times over. Overall good test of fitness and definitely going to do more.

DLTBB

DLTBB

Aug 30, 2022
Started my new split but me and my training partner felt drained and sore from yesterday’s walk so I’m not even going to bother logging the session in full. Probably should have taken the day off as a proper rest, lesson learned. Any future long walks I will take a day off for recovery afterwards. Got a Sunday dinner booked with my girlfriend in just over an hour so going to get a load of meat and vegetables in me and hopefully get a good sleep tonight. Gym is open normal hours despite the queen’s funeral surprisingly.

DLTBB

DLTBB

Aug 30, 2022
19th September

Cardio:

• N/A - One more day for my legs to recover before I can commit to cardio. Want to really start hammering it now so I can handle steep gradients better on my next long walk.
Pull:
  • Iliac pull-down - Pyramid from 12 reps until 2 working sets of 6 reps (Stacked cables for working sets)
  • Chest supported row (plate loaded with Angles 90 grips) - Likewise, 2 x 6 (80KG each side)
  • Lat pull-down 3 x 6
  • T-bar row 2 x 6
  • Straight bar curl - Pyramid from 12 reps until 2 working sets of 8
  • Cable curl 2 x 10, 1 light set until failure plus test pause until failure again
Almost recovered from the hike now. Tiny bit of stiffness but I’m fine to train. I spent half an hour this morning stretching and blasting my legs with the massage gun.

I trained with an old mate who I’ve not trained with for like 6+ years when I first started using steroids. Really good session and showed him a few small tweaks and adjustments to his form on certain exercises which he said made a world of difference. He said he’ll be pestering me to train multiple times a week now as it’s one of the best sessions he’s had in a while.

Going to have to improvise for food today as the kitchen cupboards are pretty empty and most of the shops are closed while the Queen’s funeral is showing.

DLTBB

DLTBB

Aug 30, 2022
Couldn’t stand sitting around at home listening to the funeral on the TV so hopped on my back and went back to the gym. Completed all the isolation work I missed during yesterday’s push session, some calves and core and a 30KM ride. No doubt the funeral will still be on the TV when I get back home.

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
Excellent work and progress. Impressed with how paper thin skin and shredded you are.

DLTBB

DLTBB

Aug 30, 2022
Energy levels are much improved since being consistent with my iron supplementation for the last 10 days. Going to be adding 10mg Cardarine soon as I start focusing more on cardio in the coming weeks. Having some shipped out today. Should be here before the end of the week.

DLTBB

DLTBB

Aug 30, 2022
20th September

Cardio:

• 30 minutes outdoor cycle
  • 10 minutes cross trainer 170+ BPM
Legs:
  • Barbell squat 3 x 5
  • Machine hack squat 3 x 6-8
  • Bulgarian split squat 2 x 12, 1 drop set
  • Sissy squat 3 x failure
  • Single leg curl 3 x 8-12
  • Standing calf raise 6 x 8-15
Went with a shorter more intense blast for the cardio to switch it up a bit. Quite enjoy the cross trainer, been ages since I used it.

This is the first of 2 leg days and will be more squat focused. Second will put hamstrings first and a little bit of quads after. Hamstrings need some extra attention right now.

Energy levels and appetite been great all day. Feeling good.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic