Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

DLTBB Progress Log

DLTBB

DLTBB

Aug 30, 2022
Hi folks.

I keep a journal on UG-BB and thought I might as well share my daily entries on here too as it'll allow me to get feedback and input from a different group of people who potentially have a different outlook and experience.

My name is Dan, I'm 30 years old and I'm from Manchester, UK. I've been training since I was about 14. I started dabbling in the world of PEDs at around age ~23 after several years of consistent natural training. There wasn't nearly as much information at the time so the beginning of my journey was very much trial and error. I made some good gains and achieved a decent look, but on reflection, I probably used much higher doses than I needed to.

The last few years have been a bit rocky for me, but I've been back to consistent training since the end of July 2021 and have regained a lot of the muscle I lost in my time away from training. I was completely off weight-training and cold turkey from any PEDs for almost a year due to a prison sentence for an AAS-related offence. When I was released, I was down to ~140lbs as I had no access to a gym, the food was terrible, the gym was inaccessible for my entire sentence due to COVID lockdowns and unbeknownst to me at the time, I was in the middle of an ulcerative colitis flare up.

I am in a much better position now. Training is going well, I'm happy with my physique, I'm not nearly as stressed and I'm making steady improvements. Once I get my digestive issues under control, I am aiming to enter my first competition which will likely be Classic Physique.

I'm currently running 350mg Test E/week and running a 'bro split' style training plan, hitting each muscle group once a week. I had been doing a PPL twice a week split up until a few weeks ago but wanted to drop the volume/frequency temporarily as I felt fatigued and run down, I will revert back to PPL x 2 shortly. For PEDs, my blasts will usually be moderate Test (around 300-450mg) with a mild oral like Anavar/Turinabol. I'm avoiding Tren and harsher orals as my digestive system is quite sensitive and I want to keep my blood work looking reasonable - my GP has agreed to carry out a full blood panel every month which allows me to stay on top of my health markers. FYI, stats right now are 5'6, 178lbs.

I'm going to post some recent pictures and then for the second post, I'll collate the last week or so of entries from my UG-BB log so you guys can get an idea of what my training currently looks like (and probably judge me for having a dedicated arm day in there at the moment).

This is after my first gym session back after almost a year off, can't have been much more than 145lbs here.
ViAF7TQ.jpeg

And here are some more recent pictures.
AhZblDM.jpeg

TzWbCvb.jpeg

71jYIfu.jpeg

OfPwgp3.jpeg

DLTBB

DLTBB

Aug 30, 2022
And will backdate one week worth of entries here just so we have something to start with.

23rd August

Cardio:

• 15 minutes stationary bike 150BPM
Arms:
  • Dip (bodyweight) 44, 41, 38
  • Single arm pushdown 12, 10, 8, 1 triple drop set
  • EZ-bar skull crusher 3 x 12
  • Close neutral grip chin (bodyweight) 34, 29, 28
  • Pinwheel curl 3 x 12, 1 drop set
  • Preacher curl (single cable) 3 x 10
Some ab work after cardio too. Good session overall and great pump. I’m due to have a rest day tomorrow. Kind of looking forward to it.

Got to start my colonoscopy prep on Friday so going to try to enjoy my food until then. It’ll be a tough few days for me for sure.

24th August

Cardio:

Chest:
  • Pin press 3 x 6
  • Plate loaded incline 3 x 6
  • Pec-deck 3 x 8-12 (positioned to emphasise lower pec)
  • Stretch push-up 3 x failure
I said I’d have a rest day but my triceps felt fine, I actually had some energy and it suited my mate’s schedule better. We will rest tomorrow instead.

Pretty solid session. Cooked a banging chicken curry post-workout and treated myself to a sticky toffee muffin from M&S. Lasted all of 2 bites.

Iron levels from recent bloods are still showing as quite low so we will be arranging an IV iron drip following my colonoscopy. I think boosting my iron levels will help massively with energy levels. I must not be absorbing it very well via pill form now. Kidney and liver values look perfect at the moment, happy with that.

Got 5 working days left until I go on holiday. I’m not even going to stress about being overly tidy with my diet or trying to cut water beforehand. Fairly happy with how I look and would prefer minimal stress.

26th August

Cardio:

• N/A
Back:
  • Dual cable pulldown 3 x 6-8
  • Single supinated pulldown 3 x 6
  • Lateral row 3 x 8
  • Low row 3 x 8
  • Cable pullover 3 x 12
Trained at a different gym, the one with all the new Primal gear. Some great back machines in there.

Obviously disappointed about the hospital appointment being cancelled as it’ll probably add weeks or months to my wait but going to try not to dwell on it too much. Going out for some food/drinks with my Mrs tonight. Neglected her a little bit recently as my head’s not been fully with it. Just stressed but hoping the time on holiday helps me relax!

27th August

Cardio
:
Shoulders:
  • Anterior delt press 3 x 6-8
  • Cable front raise 3 x 10-12
  • Kettlebell lateral raise 3 x failure
  • Cable rear delt fly 3 x failure
Not a bad session today. Ended up having maybe 6 drinks, a pizza and ice cream last night. Was on a double date with my mate, his Mrs and mine. Had fun actually. Nice to let my hair down. Paid the price for eating the pizza though, was up 3 times in the night with explosive shits.

Would’ve been starting my prep/fast for my endoscopy today if it hadn’t been cancelled, at least now I can enjoy the 3-day weekend fully rather than being starving for the majority of it. Feel a little bit rough from last night but nothing some good food and a load of water won’t resolve.

28th August

Cardio:

Arms:
  • Close grip machine press 4 x 6 - We sort of wedged a fat grip bar behind the usual machine grips and used it as an improvised CGBP, worked brilliantly
  • EZ bar skull crusher 3 x 6-12 - Bench on very slight decline to give us a little extra room to stretch
  • Dual cable pushdown 3 x 6-12
  • EZ bar curl 4 x 6-12
  • Single arm cable preacher 3 x 8-12 & 1 drop set
  • Seated incline DB curl 3 x 8-12 & 1 mechanical drop set (palms up in to hammers)
Was a really fun workout. My usual training partner’s mate joined us. He’s running some gear and weighs ~270 (albeit a bit bulkier) and him being around gave me a bit of extra incentive to push my working sets hard. Matched him in weight/reps for everything other than skulls, he did an extra 11lbs. I blame my fragile elbows. He enjoyed himself too so I can see him joining us more often. Works well for me because I’ll get more higher intensity sets out.

29th August

Cardio:

Legs:
  • Hack squat 3 x 6 - built up to working weight with many warm up sets as I’ve not used this hack before, excellent machine
  • Leg press 2 x 8, 1 x 6
  • Single leg extension 2 x 12, 1 x 10
  • Single hamstring curl 2 x 12, 1 x 10
  • Standing and seated calf raise superset 3 x 15 + 15
Working sets on hacks and leg press were brutal today. My mate had to sit down for a breather a few times in between sets, felt like he was going to pass out. Session took 90 minutes excluding cardio but really happy with some of the work, went to absolute failure.

30th August

Cardio:

• N/A - Pressed for time today. Pathetic, I know.
Chest:
  • Machine incline press 10, 8, 6, 6 - I'm not sure of the name of the machine but it's set up like a Smith only the bar is not connected through the middle and it can be done unilaterally, decent piece of kit actually. Top sets were a killer.
  • Flat DB press 3 x 6 - DBs only go to 50KG in this gym, maxed their rack.
  • Pec-deck fly 1 x 12, 2 x 10 - Leaning back to hit more lower pec.
  • Cable fly 1 x 10, 2 x 8
  • Dip 1 x failure (36)
Had a bit of a head ache by the end of the workout so was glad to bail. Had a headache last night too. Going to check my BP tomorrow, although it was perfectly in range last week and nothing has changed with day to day routine, drugs etc. Better to be safe than sorry I guess.

2 working days left until holiday, get me on that plane ASAP!

R

RIR0

Aug 21, 2022
And will backdate one week worth of entries here just so we have something to start with.

23rd August

Cardio:

Arms:
  • Dip (bodyweight) 44, 41, 38
  • Single arm pushdown 12, 10, 8, 1 triple drop set
  • EZ-bar skull crusher 3 x 12
  • Close neutral grip chin (bodyweight) 34, 29, 28
  • Pinwheel curl 3 x 12, 1 drop set
  • Preacher curl (single cable) 3 x 10
Some ab work after cardio too. Good session overall and great pump. I’m due to have a rest day tomorrow. Kind of looking forward to it.

Got to start my colonoscopy prep on Friday so going to try to enjoy my food until then. It’ll be a tough few days for me for sure.

24th August

Cardio:

Chest:
  • Pin press 3 x 6
  • Plate loaded incline 3 x 6
  • Pec-deck 3 x 8-12 (positioned to emphasise lower pec)
  • Stretch push-up 3 x failure
I said I’d have a rest day but my triceps felt fine, I actually had some energy and it suited my mate’s schedule better. We will rest tomorrow instead.

Pretty solid session. Cooked a banging chicken curry post-workout and treated myself to a sticky toffee muffin from M&S. Lasted all of 2 bites.

Iron levels from recent bloods are still showing as quite low so we will be arranging an IV iron drip following my colonoscopy. I think boosting my iron levels will help massively with energy levels. I must not be absorbing it very well via pill form now. Kidney and liver values look perfect at the moment, happy with that.

Got 5 working days left until I go on holiday. I’m not even going to stress about being overly tidy with my diet or trying to cut water beforehand. Fairly happy with how I look and would prefer minimal stress.

26th August

Cardio:

• N/A
Back:
  • Dual cable pulldown 3 x 6-8
  • Single supinated pulldown 3 x 6
  • Lateral row 3 x 8
  • Low row 3 x 8
  • Cable pullover 3 x 12
Trained at a different gym, the one with all the new Primal gear. Some great back machines in there.

Obviously disappointed about the hospital appointment being cancelled as it’ll probably add weeks or months to my wait but going to try not to dwell on it too much. Going out for some food/drinks with my Mrs tonight. Neglected her a little bit recently as my head’s not been fully with it. Just stressed but hoping the time on holiday helps me relax!

27th August

Cardio
:
Shoulders:
  • Anterior delt press 3 x 6-8
  • Cable front raise 3 x 10-12
  • Kettlebell lateral raise 3 x failure
  • Cable rear delt fly 3 x failure
Not a bad session today. Ended up having maybe 6 drinks, a pizza and ice cream last night. Was on a double date with my mate, his Mrs and mine. Had fun actually. Nice to let my hair down. Paid the price for eating the pizza though, was up 3 times in the night with explosive shits.

Would’ve been starting my prep/fast for my endoscopy today if it hadn’t been cancelled, at least now I can enjoy the 3-day weekend fully rather than being starving for the majority of it. Feel a little bit rough from last night but nothing some good food and a load of water won’t resolve.

28th August

Cardio:

Arms:
  • Close grip machine press 4 x 6 - We sort of wedged a fat grip bar behind the usual machine grips and used it as an improvised CGBP, worked brilliantly
  • EZ bar skull crusher 3 x 6-12 - Bench on very slight decline to give us a little extra room to stretch
  • Dual cable pushdown 3 x 6-12
  • EZ bar curl 4 x 6-12
  • Single arm cable preacher 3 x 8-12 & 1 drop set
  • Seated incline DB curl 3 x 8-12 & 1 mechanical drop set (palms up in to hammers)
Was a really fun workout. My usual training partner’s mate joined us. He’s running some gear and weighs ~270 (albeit a bit bulkier) and him being around gave me a bit of extra incentive to push my working sets hard. Matched him in weight/reps for everything other than skulls, he did an extra 11lbs. I blame my fragile elbows. He enjoyed himself too so I can see him joining us more often. Works well for me because I’ll get more higher intensity sets out.

29th August

Cardio:

Legs:
  • Hack squat 3 x 6 - built up to working weight with many warm up sets as I’ve not used this hack before, excellent machine
  • Leg press 2 x 8, 1 x 6
  • Single leg extension 2 x 12, 1 x 10
  • Single hamstring curl 2 x 12, 1 x 10
  • Standing and seated calf raise superset 3 x 15 + 15
Working sets on hacks and leg press were brutal today. My mate had to sit down for a breather a few times in between sets, felt like he was going to pass out. Session took 90 minutes excluding cardio but really happy with some of the work, went to absolute failure.

30th August

Cardio:

• N/A - Pressed for time today. Pathetic, I know.
Chest:
  • Machine incline press 10, 8, 6, 6 - I'm not sure of the name of the machine but it's set up like a Smith only the bar is not connected through the middle and it can be done unilaterally, decent piece of kit actually. Top sets were a killer.
  • Flat DB press 3 x 6 - DBs only go to 50KG in this gym, maxed their rack.
  • Pec-deck fly 1 x 12, 2 x 10 - Leaning back to hit more lower pec.
  • Cable fly 1 x 10, 2 x 8
  • Dip 1 x failure (36)
Had a bit of a head ache by the end of the workout so was glad to bail. Had a headache last night too. Going to check my BP tomorrow, although it was perfectly in range last week and nothing has changed with day to day routine, drugs etc. Better to be safe than sorry I guess.

2 working days left until holiday, get me on that plane ASAP!
Hey we’ve got a couple of those ar my gym I love it

Attachments

• B15D5FDA-7D83-4DD8-8485-4EFFD05B9676.jpeg
    B15D5FDA-7D83-4DD8-8485-4EFFD05B9676.jpeg
    105.5 KB · Views: 102
DLTBB

DLTBB

Aug 30, 2022
Hey we’ve got a couple of those ar my gym I love it
That's the one. First time I've used one. Decent piece of kit, I'm surprised more gyms don't have them.

R

RIR0

Aug 21, 2022
That's the one. First time I've used one. Decent piece of kit, I'm surprised more gyms don't have them.
Panata has some very good equipment I’ve heard referred to the Ferrari of gym equipment.

B

Bomb10shell

TID Lady Member
Aug 30, 2022
I do. I might be biased but I’ll confidently say it’s the best gym in existence
I've seen that said many times before, specifically from a certain queen I aspire to be like that works out there too. Someday I'll visit there.

DLTBB

DLTBB

Aug 30, 2022
I've seen that said many times before, specifically from a certain queen I aspire to be like that works out there too. Someday I'll visit there.
There was a guy on YouTube who went to their showroom to get some pieces for his home setup and it looked unreal.

BD Cool

BD Cool

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2011
Excellent physique, bro!! Thanks for sharing!!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic