Members
Latest Member
Ethan7400
What's New?

Diet Types

S

smawshot01

Nov 7, 2011
what types of diets do you enjoy the most for results? carb cycle? keto? mod carb, moderate fat?

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
When it comes to deficits, my body responds better to CKD than just a normal deficit.

What types of diets have you done before and what are your current goals?

S

smawshot01

Nov 7, 2011
i been competing for about 14 years now and i have found that the carb cycle along with moderate to low fat works best for me. i was just curious what the members here like to do and how effectively it works for them

S

smawshot01

Nov 7, 2011
i should have also pointed out that i have had good success with the other methods as well but the cycle works more effectively because the body can never adapt to it and i am never starving. the cals and macro change on an every other day basis. i love it

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
i been competing for about 14 years now and i have found that the carb cycle along with moderate to low fat works best for me. i was just curious what the members here like to do and how effectively it works for them
What kind of carb cycling do you do?

S

smawshot01

Nov 7, 2011
What kind of carb cycling do you do?

i do an 8 day carb cycle consisting of
2 high days
2 medium days
2 low days
2 0 days and '
repeat.
the liver is only depleted of glycogen for 24 hours or less and it is refilled on those first 2 high days. body feels great for the most part except maybe the end of the second 0 carb day you can get a little run down. i think the biggest plus to this method other than the body not being able to adapt and plateau out with it is the fact that you are not starving to death for the duration of the diet

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
i do an 8 day carb cycle consisting of
2 high days
2 medium days
2 low days
2 0 days and '
repeat.
the liver is only depleted of glycogen for 24 hours or less and it is refilled on those first 2 high days. body feels great for the most part except maybe the end of the second 0 carb day you can get a little run down. i think the biggest plus to this method other than the body not being able to adapt and plateau out with it is the fact that you are not starving to death for the duration of the diet

I may try something like that soon. Thanks for the example.

D

damoonz63

May 17, 2012
whats your definition of "high" "medium" and "low" days--gram wise...i got the zero days, though. thanks.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
i enjoy keeping fats high, carbs high and protein high.
keeping the good versions of all in rotation - complex carbs, healthy fats, lean proteins...
the diet part coming from staying in a caloric deficit and fat burning from that coupled with cardio in the AM and post workout.

other forms of dieting had me cheating too often, ruining the platform the diet was based on.
in the end, i had to find a happy medium between being strict and being happy.
i'm not competing, so its not as serious as others though...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic