Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Diet help

slicwilly2000

slicwilly2000

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2010
I finally got down to a reasonable weight. It took about 10 months of a caloric deficit to lose all the extra pounds I've gained since college. It was important to lose the weight as I'm transitioning to commission only. It made sense to lose the extra weight for that reason. I probably lost 4 to 6 inches around the waist. It's important to me to maintain the same diet just add in more food. I want to do gluten free, dairy free, and corn free. For meats I'm avoiding pork and beef. For protein powder I have a pretty good hookup for 50 lb bags of pumpkin protein powder. What do you suggest for additional foods to add to my diet? Cognitively I feel great on the diet I'm on which is the reason to keep avoiding the above. I used frisbee golf and an active lifestyle as cardio. To lose the weight I primarily ate eggs, sockeye salmon, elk, and bison. I had been eating grilled gluten free bread with goat cheese sandwiches. My sugar intake is under 10 grams a day. I realize that diet is pretty restrictive but I feel much better on it.

Slic.

slicwilly2000

slicwilly2000

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2010
Thanks. Going straight commission meant I had to cut out all fast food except chipotle. I cheat once in a while and go to Qdoba. When you use all good ingredients pizza becomes too expensive.

Slic.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Good job.

As far as your question goes, I would add in chicken and green vegetables.

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
To me it sounds like you have a pretty decent plan just curious of why you're wanting to know what you should add to your diet? As far as protein goes I always say real foods are better than protein supplements/powders. Gluten-free dairy-free diet is very tough I have to follow a pretty strict diet just do to gastrointestinal issues.

Protein from chicken is very clean and biologically good protein but some people develop allergies to poultry. Keep an eye on your water weight if you do add chicken to your diet if it's not there some people will bloat it up quite a bit because poultry allergies most people don't think about but I've had several clients who are working their ass off eating tons of turkey and chicken cut out all red meat and couldn't lose weight they went had a food allergy test and that was their number one allergen.

Like noted above lots of green leafy vegetables. Broccoli, asparagus, green beans are always a good choice.

Not sure what fact you're taking in add avocado for good fats and fiber.

Just keep up the hard work make adjustments as needed and my only biggest suggestion to people is when you're making changes to a diet give it some time to see what's going to happen don't switch it up every 3 to 4 days. Give your body plenty of time to adapt and adjust to new foods in your diet and out of your diet and see how your body's going to react. Changing too often will not only cause gastric distress but can also not give you an idea of exactly what's helping or hurting you.

slicwilly2000

slicwilly2000

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2010
I want to add healthy calories so I stop losing weight. I want to know what to add to the diet so I'm eating healthy good food instead of crap. Eating burgers, pizza, tacos, etc is why I started gaining so much weight in the first place. I'll pick up organic chicken, avocado, and veggies. I don't really care for protein powder. I drank so much of that stuff in college it tastes worse than eating eggs everyday.

Slic.

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Hey Slic,
Congrats on the weight loss. Great job.

As far as for eating....not sure if your local grocery store offers or not (Sams club or costco), but rotisserie chicken is the bomb man....its cooked healthy and tastes great, generally lol.
Agree to add chicken breasts or even chicken thighs. The thighs maybe do once a week since they are higher in fat, but seems like you could use it.
What about ground beef or ground turkey that is 93% fat free? I have cooked it on the stove top, smoked it and now lately i'm puttin it on my Blackstone flat top. Great choice for high protein.
I see you like salmon, you tried other fish? Tilapia? I eat Swai twice a day currently.

I see no reason not to add in some green veggies. You are gluten free? You can do rice noodles right? or those miracle noodles type of thing? (i think they are soy).
Green veggies:
Grilled asparagus (i like to marinate mine in olive oil and balsamic vinegar).
Grilled/roasted fresh green beans (gotta clean em yourself though lol).
Grilled/roasted onions/mushrooms.
Steamed broccoli.
Grilled/roasted pepper mix (i get red, green, yellow and orange and mix some onion in there).
For my onions i onlyget the sweet vidalia onions....love them.

Let us know how it goes...

slicwilly2000

slicwilly2000

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2010
I can't do ground beef and I absolutely hate turkey. I eat salmon mainly because it's wild caught and not farmed. $9 lb for sockeye salmon from BC is affordable for me. Tilapia is farmed. The guy who designed my diet said avoid cow and pig. I haven't had pasta in many months. I will start adding veggies. It would be wonderful to have pasta again. Of all the meat I had growing up I disliked turkey the most. My mother liked to make turkey breast because it was lean but the rest of us hated it which is reflective at Thanksgiving because nobody eats it.

Slic.

Rock Diesel

Rock Diesel

Mar 16, 2022
If you're wanting to add in some calories to stop losing weight while staying gluten free, you can add in some healthy fats. I add avocados to a lot of my meals for extra calories, as well as tree nuts like almonds, pecans. Just make sure the nuts are in their natural form and not seasoned. Adding some olive oil to some of your meals will also add some calories from good fats.

It sounds like you're generally carb free, but you can also add in a minimal amount of some yams, potatoes and rice as a gluten free carb source. Fruits like bananas, apples and pineapples are all gluten free, but will up your sugar. They key will be to keep it minimal and strategically placed within your day to utilize the carbs.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic