Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Diet Help Needed! Cutting for so long

S

soontobebeast

Mar 24, 2018
Hello everyone, i need alot of help right now, i need some pure truth and no bs. I will tell you my full story and situation... When i was younger, around 14-16 years old, i was very fat... that got me depressed so i signed up to a gym started working out but didn’t really change my diet, because i thought the gym was what would get you in shape, So i lost a little bit of weight then quit the gym... i ended up gaining it all back and more. I was around 17 at this point and i said enough fucking around, time to lose it. So i gymed and restricted myself alot, i didnt accurately count my macros, but i would say at the age of 17 i was working out at least 3-5 days a week, and i was eating anywhere in between 1500-1700 calories a day. Now i did lose a substantial amount of fat and also gained a substantial amount of muscle from when i was 17 years old till 19. ( im 19 now)

So basically when i started i was most likely above 22% body fat. Now i would say im anywhere between 14-17%. Heres what i need help with...

I want to get shredded, and i feel like my metabolism is confused and slow, ever since october 2017 i havent stuck to One calorie goal, From october till december i was eating around 1800-2100 calories perday and i would either stick to it for a week, then have a HUGE binge day, or i would go 2 weeks and Still have a HUGE Binge day. So fast forward from october till this month. now last month was a bad diet month. I decided that i feel like i have a slow metabolism, for the past 15 days ive been eating 1650 calories on most days, sometimes when im really hungry i would go up to 1800, and i have had one refeed of 2500 calories about a week ago... so ive been on really low calories for 2 weeks minus that one refeed day. I weight train almost everyday, i do an hour of MMA 3 times per week. Now in the past 2 weeks i have noticed weight loss and weight gain, 2 days ago i weighed in at 82.4 kg, now im at 82.6kg. But i also noticed that after two weeks of doing this, my arms have become more vascular when i sit around and do nothing, but i dont see change in my stomach region, its so frustrating, I don’t know if i should keep going with this aggressive fatloss diet or just stop, im too scared to go up in calories because then i just don’t see results, all i think about on a daily basis is fatloss. And its sooooo frustrating! I weigh around 82.5 kg at the moment im 5’11 and im 19, I can’t even recall when the last time I wasn’t “cutting” was. I just fuck it all up with a binge every week or 2 i guess. Someone please help i need to know what to do. (I can post a picture of me before and where im at now, tomorrow)

sityslicker1

sityslicker1

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 6, 2010
Getting vascular in the arms & your sticking to your diet, but your still soft in the middle. I'm thinking water retention. Those fat cells are being hijacked/backfilled by water. It just your body's way of trying to remain in homeostasis. Give it more time that water will drop off evetually and you will one day wake up and be like "shit I look much leaner today." Don't do any more yo yo dieting. Stick to the game plan

Hello everyone, i need alot of help right now, i need some pure truth and no bs. I will tell you my full story and situation... When i was younger, around 14-16 years old, i was very fat... that got me depressed so i signed up to a gym started working out but didn’t really change my diet, because i thought the gym was what would get you in shape, So i lost a little bit of weight then quit the gym... i ended up gaining it all back and more. I was around 17 at this point and i said enough fucking around, time to lose it. So i gymed and restricted myself alot, i didnt accurately count my macros, but i would say at the age of 17 i was working out at least 3-5 days a week, and i was eating anywhere in between 1500-1700 calories a day. Now i did lose a substantial amount of fat and also gained a substantial amount of muscle from when i was 17 years old till 19. ( im 19 now)

So basically when i started i was most likely above 22% body fat. Now i would say im anywhere between 14-17%. Heres what i need help with...

I want to get shredded, and i feel like my metabolism is confused and slow, ever since october 2017 i havent stuck to One calorie goal, From october till december i was eating around 1800-2100 calories perday and i would either stick to it for a week, then have a HUGE binge day, or i would go 2 weeks and Still have a HUGE Binge day. So fast forward from october till this month. now last month was a bad diet month. I decided that i feel like i have a slow metabolism, for the past 15 days ive been eating 1650 calories on most days, sometimes when im really hungry i would go up to 1800, and i have had one refeed of 2500 calories about a week ago... so ive been on really low calories for 2 weeks minus that one refeed day. I weight train almost everyday, i do an hour of MMA 3 times per week. Now in the past 2 weeks i have noticed weight loss and weight gain, 2 days ago i weighed in at 82.4 kg, now im at 82.6kg. But i also noticed that after two weeks of doing this, my arms have become more vascular when i sit around and do nothing, but i dont see change in my stomach region, its so frustrating, I don’t know if i should keep going with this aggressive fatloss diet or just stop, im too scared to go up in calories because then i just don’t see results, all i think about on a daily basis is fatloss. And its sooooo frustrating! I weigh around 82.5 kg at the moment im 5’11 and im 19, I can’t even recall when the last time I wasn’t “cutting” was. I just fuck it all up with a binge every week or 2 i guess. Someone please help i need to know what to do. (I can post a picture of me before and where im at now, tomorrow)

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
I'd say 1650 calories might be too low at your size, age, and amount of activity. If you've been going that low a long time you may have tanked your metabolism.

Do you know what macros you are running? You may have to consider moderately upping your caloric intake (with the right things).

Consider having your doctor or going on your own and having a full test panel run. I'd be interested in seeing where some of your hormone levels are at. I fear your cortisol may be very high and thyroid and/or testosterone might be low.

C

CalebGreen20

Oct 3, 2017
Worry less about calories and more about what makes up the calories. Your diet should be mostly fat and protein if you are trying to cut weight.

two_slug

two_slug

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2012
soontobebeast, can you explain your diet in more detail? The protein/fat/carbs % ratio, the amount of simple carbs vs complex carbs, the carb timing throughout the day and so forth. 1650 cals seem low for your size, so I want to know how you are timing your carb intake.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic