Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Diet help for injury time * advice*

G

gio

Jul 16, 2018
Im 27 year old male 6'2 and been working out for 9 years. came a long way..... long story short I have an injury on my l5-s1 disc herniation and I fell off since due to not being able to do all I can like I used too.

now I been experiencing new neck/shoulder blade/elbow issue. worked with a sport Chiro and tried 8 weeks off and only cardio to get it fixed.... no relief... can't do upper body it gives me a pulling shoulder blade issue going to the elbow with a stiff neck.... the ni ended up almost tripping and catching my step that left my right knee in pain which has gotten way better than 9 weeks ago but still have aches throughout day... and night.... talk about horrible horrible literally horrible luck.... I lost my whole shredded mass look and all. it really does suck

now I feel my face is like jiggly ( throat and chin feel shaky) and I feel fat due to not working out and dieting is the best I can do....

I have been dieting but I don't know too much and im eating clean 95% of the time.... my macros are at 180-200 c/ 200-210 pro/ 60-80 fat

is this too high?... I mean I don't wanna lose all mass and look scrawny..... I have been trying to do cardio 4-5x a week 45-1 hour low bike or treadmill which sucks because I feel it doesn't do nothing.... but I been trying ... and my day is mostly a desk job..... not really too active..... what do u guys suggest ...

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
No such thing as "eating clean". Weight loss/gain comes down to calories at the end of the day. Dont care if they come from pop tarts or brown rice...

At the end of the day, you need the calories you need. No one can give you advice on how many you need. You can guess and calculate....but that is a guess. Your macros dont look out of line, but if you are not losing weight you want to, I would cut back and monitor and adjust. I would not touch protein, so that leaves fats and carbs. You have some room to take fats down a little. Go from there and make adjustments aprox 250 cal at a time and see what happens.

If you are doing cardio 4-5 times a week and not losing weight at the aprox 1700 cal per day you are eating, my guess is you are making mistakes in tracking. I dont know your stats, but that is VERY low cals even with NO activity.

G

gio

Jul 16, 2018
what u think I should adjust the fats to, and carbs... I think carbs going lower than 150 is risky and not smart idea

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
what u think I should adjust the fats to, and carbs... I think carbs going lower than 150 is risky and not smart idea

Fats should be kept at .3-.4g / lb of weight minimum. You can drop lower for short periods of time if you need to, but long term, it is not advisable since fat is and essential nutrient.

Contrast that with the second part and I am somewhat confused with your statement that going lower than 150g of carbs being "risky". You do realize that there is no such thing as an essential carbohydrate?.... What would you say to guys that eat keto and stay under 30g/day? (I have spent over 2 years eating keto in the past)

In the end, set your cals to your requirement. It is safe to keep your protein higher in a deficit and set your fats to min and the rest of your diet is whatever carbs fit. Your level of activity will determine quite a bit of this. I know guys who do hours of cardio a week, just so they can eat more.

Myself, I dont rely on cardio to lose weight. I just set my cals appropriately and let time do it's thing.

G

gio

Jul 16, 2018
thing is my injury killing me to not workout like I used too.. im doing 4-5x 40-45 min cardio sessions..... whats ideal macros I should be at for my situation and weight loss area

G

gio

Jul 16, 2018
been doing inter- fasting 2-10pm and still in same range as we speak

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic